c. twenty six

Eat your hearts out, thats the view from my room!

___

My vision had become blurry and I could feel my heart thumping ferociously inside my chest. This didn't feel right. I raised my arm out infront of me, only to see bent bone protruding from skin, small patches of fur having begun to sprout on my skin. I looked over to the side, to see Sebastian's wolf standing protectively beside me and snarling as the others tried to reach me. With what little energy I could muster, I reached for him, only for my hand to fall limp by my side. His large body immediately turned to me, as he came to lay beside my hand, muzzling his large head in my limp hand. My eyelids grew heavy, and I succumbed to my weakness.

All I could hear were muffled whimpers and words of concern and the thumping of an eratic heart. But that thumping was slowing. And it kept on slowing, until simply it stopped. And the last thing I heard before I faded away was a pained howl that erupted.

Sebastian's POV (you're welcome)

I always told myself that there was nothing in this world that I could be scared of. And it's only know I realize how foolish that was, as I hold Celeste's shifting body in my arms. Her head hangs limply over my arm, her eyes rolled back into her head. I feel the burn in my legs, but the burn of exerted muscles is nothing like the burn spreading through my body from my heart at the thought of losing her. I hear the thuds of paw hitting the ground from behind me, and yet the silence of her heart is far more deafening.

Fate is a cruel mistress. I didn't think death would ever have Celeste leaving us, and yet here I was.

The minute her heart stopped beating, I knew I had to go see someone, I couldn't let her die like this. I was running to my mother, the woman I despised so desperately.

A journey that could've taken me hours only took a short while before I saw her large estate in the horizon. I sighed, pushing onwards, ignoring the pain erupting in my lungs and the taste of blood in my mouth. I leaped over the fence, pulling her limp body closer to me and burst in through the front door, and momentarily alarmed, the guards jumped into action, before my ferocious growl settled them in place.

"Where is she?" I asked , my voice sounding alien. And I turned to find her stood in the hallway, glaring at the limp body in my arms and I couldn't help the snarl that ripped from my throat. How dare she. 

"What are you doing with that filth?" she asked, as my father came to wrap an arm around the small woman's waist. To think, for a woman centuries old, they wouldn't be so ignorant. I'd hoped Celeste would never have to meet my parents. I didn't want to subject her to their blatant racism, but they were the only people who might be able to help me. 

"She is my mate, and you will respect her as such," I growled, glaring up at my father who mimicked her open-mouthed stare.

"At this point, it seems that she was your mate," my father sneered.

"Now that's where you two come in, you're going to help her,"

"We help lycans, not corpses," my mother retorted back.

"Her heart may not be beating, but she's still shifting," I pleaded with them, falling onto my knees as finally the weight of it all came upon me. I held her body close to my chest and tears began pool in my eyes, although I didn't let them fall. At that point, I felt a hand squeezing on my shoulder and instantly I knew it were Benjamin.

I turned to see Catori and Irene already snarling at my parents, and had it been any other time, I would've laughed.

"Bathilda, Edmund, I hope you're both unwell, it is of utmost displeasure to see you again," Benjamin says nonchalantly, releasing a breath as he spoke.

He knelt beside me, looking down pitifully at Celeste's body.

"If you claim to be parents, and to love your son, you will help him,"

"But-" my mother began, only to be cut off by Benjamin. "But, do you love your son?" And I looked up to gaze into my mothers pained eyes, who quickly walked off and mumbled for us to follow her. With ease I rose, nodding thankfully towards Benjamin. I followed them through the maze of halls, although I could easily recall the years I'd spent walking these halls.

I came to the double doors I was so familiar with, and stepped in to see the large bed in the center of the room under the bright medical grade light. Lining the walls of the bright room in steel cabinets were various jars of labelled substance and syringes lying around everywhere. 

I quickly placed her down on the bed, and looked down to see her condition had worsened. Her jaw was now elongating, her face a mixture of both woman and beast, although she seemed peaceful, in her unmoving stupor. 

"What happened?" my mother had begun to ask, my father searching cabinets and pulling down vials and jars, quickly.

"She was initiated under the full moon, everything was fine until she started shifting," I said, leaning on a nearby counter, running my hands through my hair nervously.

"Well, at her age it should be routine by now?" my mother looked at me quizically as my father handed her a syringe. 

"She hasn't ever shifted before, she was given silver monthly ever since she became of age," I explained, to which she nodded, and simply injected her with the serum. I took a sniff of the air and immediately jumped to action, pulling my mothers hand away from her.

"How is silver going to help?" I roared at her, to which my father came and snarled.

"Well, if the shift caused this, stop the shift," she said, returning to Celeste and pulling the syringe from Celeste's arm. The room was tense with apprehension, my ears straining to hear something, anything. Moment's passed, and my own heart began to pump faster, and I'd crumbled down to the floor, listening to the deafening silence.

The toxic thoughts were already flooding my mind. How I hadn't told her I loved her, hadn't kissed her lips enough, hadn't held her enough. I was a failure of a mate and now she was dead. I remembered the first time I saw her, a shy little bird sitting in the office staring at me with her wide brown eyes. I thought to just last night, the way she managed to light up a room with her lively spirit and kind smile. I knew now that all I'd ever want for in life would be to have that again.

And then I heard it, one strong beat and I sped over to her, bringing her hand to my face as her eyes opened. She took a few breaths before she closed her eyes again and her heart continued to beat. The other three all walked towards her, and the tension in the air dissipated as they watched the steady rise and fall of her chest. Benjamin reached out to touch her cheek, and I couldn't help the possesive growl that ripped from my chest. 

"Sorry," I muttered, looking down at her, and he settled for holding her hand.

"She's far stronger than she realizes," he says, looking down at her, and even Catori strokes her hair as she lays there. Eventually the door closes, and I look up to find my parents gone, and we all just stood around Celeste. Eventually they too left, and I lay beside her, and pulled her into my embrace. I nestled my head into her soft wild tresses, loving the feel of her hair against my skin and took deep, steady breaths.

___

so, a lot happened in this chapter, thats for sure! sebastians parents, yeet! celeste died! yeet! just everything yeet.

so, what are you guys thinking??? why did her shifting turn out like that, what happened! did you like sebastian's pov? i mean i typically prefer to write from one persons perspective, but yknow, she was dead and stuff, and id rather keep what happened to celeste a secret until later ;))))))))))))))))

so, maybe its because its only been a day, but we didn't reach last chapters target,so again, lets aim for 35 votes,and 35 comments, the more you interact, the higher we go up in the ranks, and from all your really sweet and kind comments,im aiming to some day be number one in werewolf, the highest ive been so far is 91(THANK U ALL SO MUCH BY THE WAY, 91 IS SO CRAZY!!)

anyways my lovelies, that's me for now, have a good evening, and ill see you all next time xx

-mrs gandy xxx