c. eleven

Light filtered in through the open curtains and I took a deep breath, relishing how comfortable I was in the current moment. The sheets radiated heat and I snuggled deeper into them, running my hands over the smoothness. It was only when I heard a deep purr from within the sheets did my eyes widen in shock and I sat up to see an amused looking Sebastian staring up at me with my hand pressed against his chest. I made a move to remove my hand and he simply placed his hand over my own, and I relished in the comfortable tingles that ensued from his touch.

"Good morning, Celeste," he said, his deep morning voice sending shivers down my spine. I offered him a smile and had opened my mouth to speak, just as his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me back down and into his warm chest. I convinced myself I wasn't pulling away because I was too tired to do so. He'd began rubbing his face in my thick black curls, taking deep slow breaths.

"I don't know when you're next going to let me hold you," he mumbled sadly, although I had almost missed these words, and my heart clenched in pain at his sadness, and I turned around in his grasp, looking up into his bright eyes. I tentatively reached up, placing my fingers against his jaw.

"We're mates right?" I asked him, the confusion evident in my voice and a small smile graced his pink plump lips.

"Yes, that we are," he answered, using his cheek to nudge my hand upwards, until my hand cupped his face, although in reality my small hands were nothing in comparison.

"Why don't you," I paused, at a loss for words, "love me?" I asked, and I regretted it immediately as the wolds left my mouth. His far contorted into one of pain and he looked deeply into my eyes, his arms tightening around my waist, pulling me closer than I realized I could be.

"Celeste, how could you even say such a thing?" he sat up, pulling me up with him and up to sit on his thighs. "From the moment I saw you sitting in that office, I knew I would die for you with a smile on my face. I have been waiting a long time to find you little mate, the moon goddess couldn't have given me a greater blessing than you. But us lycans are not like the humans you have grown around," he says the last part sadly, running a hand through his hair. "Their love is slow, for them to feel a passion as deep as the one I have for you, would take months. As much as you are one of us, your mind has their ideals, and I want nothing than for you to be comfortable."

I bite my lips in thought and Sebastian's eyes focus on my lips as I meld them between my teeth. He shut his eyes tightly and groaned, before lifting his thumb to gently pry my lips from my teeth.

"I want nothing but to kiss those lips, you can't keep teasing me like that," he said, his voice strained. I smiled, internalizing the words he spoke to me. I took a deep breath, before finally speaking.

"All my life, I've felt like I would never be good enough. I don't know what it is to love and to be loved. But I want it, I want it so bad." I said, looking down, unable to meet his gaze. "These last few days, you, Benjamin and Catori have shown me more love than I've ever known, but from you, I don't think I could ever get enough."

Sebastian was silent for a moment, and I was about to pull myself from his grip when he pulled my chin up sharply to stare deep into my eyes. It was like with this single gaze, a thousand words were spoken between us and slowly my understanding of the mate bond grew as I simply stared into his eyes and felt contentment.

"You have my very heart in the palm of your hand, Celeste," he says, his voice unwavering, oozing confidence. My face burned and I smiled up at him, and simply snuggled up to him, pressing my face against his chest, and his arms held me tightly, close to his frame. The steady thump of his heart lulled me into a peaceful sleep, and I felt light as a feather, although my dreams came burning through my peacefulness with purple flames.