10. mistakes

plot

a boy/girl is new to a school and notices a kid who's alone and being ignored by everyone else, even flashed dirty looks. when the new student asks her friend about the boy/girl, he/she's friend tells them to stay away from the lonely looking kid. instead, the main character ignores his/her friend, and talks to the girl/boy. he/she has done some things no one wants to be involved with, but the main character gets involved with them anyway.

extras

it's up to you what the wrong doings the isolated boy/girl has done. it could be drugs, a bad experience that happened to them caused by someone else, but was blamed for it and no one knows the actual story, or whatever you want it to be.

the main character doesn't have to be new to the school either. it could just be that he/she lets their curiosity get to them and begins to learn about the kid with wrong doings. the situation doesn't have to take place in school either. the entire cast could be adults, providing the plot with more possibilities, that may not could've been fulfilled in a school setting.

the friend of the main character could be someone popular or just a normal student, that is part of the reason why the kid who's been isolated for whatever their big mistake was, which could add to he/she hating the main character's friend.

example/writing prompt

"Who's that kid over there?"

"Oh him? That's Min Yoongi. Stay away from him. He's no good."

"Wae? What's wrong with him? He just looks like a lonely boy."

"He's done some things you would not want to be associated with."

"But, he just seems lonely... It wouldn't hurt to just talk to-"

"Don't pay any mind towards him, Hwayoung-ah."

____________________

Instead, I disregarded what she said, and began to move towards the silent boy.

"Hwayoung-ah, what are doing? Hwayoung!" Haerin called out to me.

Everyone's attention was now directed at me, and I heard occasional gasps rippling through the students in the courtyard.

Apparently he was a big deal.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I said politely, hovering above the boy who sat alone in the grass.

He looked up at me, coldness clouding his eyes. His gaze pierced into mine, providing me with an expression that was indecipherable.

"I surely thought they would've told you to stay away from me."

"How did you know?" I accidentally said aloud, quickly covering my mouth at the comment.

He sighed. "Don't feel ashamed," he muttered, "everyone who transfers here is told about me. You're no exception."

"I advise you go back to your friends, if you want to keep them."

Alright then, Hwayoung. Let's go back to Haerin. You don't want to be an outcast again, do you?

I sat down in the grass next to him.

This is just like what you did last time, Hwayoung. A simple action like this was the reason why you left.

Your dumbass thought you were free.

Your scars will never let you forget that.

"You're making a bad decision, you know that, right?" Yoongi said, his eyes still slightly widened by my action.

"How? What's the thing you've done so bad that I can't be around you?" I asked, placing my hands in my lap.

"I've done some things that you wouldn't want to be associated with," he replied in his husky voice.

"That's exactly what Haerin said," I blurted out, once again covering my mouth.

His head shot up at my words, and made strong eye contact with me.

"I'd rather you be like me than hangout with that bitch."

author's note

please don't take from the example. you can use it as a writing prompt and base your story off of it or write a beginning similar too it, but please don't copy it word for word. also, for some of the future ideas i put in this book, they might have examples if they are based off of little segments i write to practice my writing skills. however, not every single idea will have an example.

taken by: inayat1a