17. anpanman

plot

growing up, a boy/girl had always dealt with some kind of conflict or difficulties. but every time something happened, the same boy/girl was constantly their to somehow "save" them. even though the two never really became close friends, the main character practically became dependent on that person. however, one day the boy/girl that had been helping he/she out moved away. and now as a older person, he/she was still waiting for their "superhero" to come back and "rescue" them once more.

extras

the reason for the two to end up getting split apart could be for many different reasons. you could have it where the main character's main issue is family problems that go on at home. they became so reliant on he/she for support and always saw them as an escape from their home life. therefore, the main character's parents banned their son/daughter from having any kind of contact with that person.

another possible thing you could do is that the main character wasn't really "waiting" to see their old friend again, but they crossed paths and he/she realized how much they needed him/her back in their life.

you could also have the main character not directly helped by him/her, but you could have them as a distraction to the main character's real life. for example, he/she could be struggling with some kind of issue, and they see him/her as a way to take themselves away from whatever their dealing with. even if he/she doesn't know that their providing someone with contentment.

a little small addition you could use in the idea is that the main character was oblivious or ignorant towards the help he/she was giving them. it wasn't until they weren't in their lives anymore that he/she suddenly noticed how much they didn't give back to them (if that makes any sense, i guess i'm trying to portray them not giving any thanks or something back that person).

it also doesn't have to be between two people, it could be based on a whole group. a few people somehow end up meeting each other and see one another as their own "superheroes." the same concepts above can be applied to a group setting as well.

author's note

for those who may be slightly confused or don't know the story/concept behind anpanman (or you don't where i'm reciting it from), anpanman is a children's based japanese superhero that has an anpan (a bean-jam filled pastry) for a head.

(open)