13. desperate

plot

he/she has a crush on one of the popular kids at their school. he/she does everything they can to try and get their crush's attention or get them to like them back, even if it involves something the main character doesn't want, or shouldn't do. eventually, another kid notices some of the things the main character is doing to be with their crush, and doesn't want them to throw away their life just for some other high school boy/girl. the two slowly become friends, and then he/she confronted with the choice of choosing their new best friend, or the crush they dedicated their life to.

extras

the way you want the main character and the to-be best friend develop a relationship (by relationship, i mean their friendship), is up to you. the two characters can slowly become friends because the main character doesn't trust them and all they want to do is focus on their crush (basically, they can have the fear of their to-be best friend exposing them, aka trust issues). or, because the main character is so desperate to get with their crush but not liking the way do they're going about doing so now, the two of them will become friends much quicker.

or, the main characters (not including the crush), might not become friends, but the main character still takes the advice of the person trying to help them, thinking that the other person won't realise it. you could also put more of a "difference" on the situation, where the best friend is an internet friend.

for the whole choosing aspect (that is if you want this in the plot of your story, you can take it out), the whole point is basically in what context or reason will the main character choose their crush over their best friend. one possible reason is that they finally got their crush to like them back (if you choose to do this, their crush can either actually develop feelings for the main character, the crush's feelings could be temporary, or the crush just pretends they do and uses the main character), but the crush doesn't like the main characters best friend, so they have to chose between their crush and the person they trust most. another possible reason is that the main character develops feelings for their best friend, but still wants to be with their original crush (this can be because they still like them, or because they invested so much of their life for them). if you choose to add this whole decision thing in the story, you can decide who the main character picks and what will happen. you could also choose to just have nothing that plays a big role after whoever the main character "chooses" is chosen.

another way of going on about this story is what i call the "pied piper version" (if you're an army you might understand where this is going already). in other words, the version of this idea is that the main character loves or cares about the person they're basically investing their life in, a lot. therefore, it affects the other things in the main character's life because they're mainly focused on one person (just like how the song is about how army's need to pay attention to the other things in their life besides them).

the reason the best friend chooses to help the main character is up to you. it can be because hey like them, or they've gone through something similar (maybe even involving that person), or they just decide to help because they care. or, to add history and possibly drama to the story, the two main characters could have some type of backstory involving one another (it could be as simple as the two were friends in the past, or as complex as they were previously best friends, but one got hit by a car or something and lost their memory). it could work as can explanation for some things you choose to put in the story as well.

you can also change the setting of this story, then change the plot and extra things about it to fit where and how the story will take place in the chosen setting.

author's note

sorry this one has a lot to it just for a fanfiction idea, but this was originally an idea i thought i was just going to get rid of but a lot of additions came to mind when i looked back on it.

taken by: Mitty1223