21. used

plot

a girl/boy is working for a powerful organization that is major rivals with another government associated organization, so much that carry out attacks and invasions against one another. the protagonist organization carries out a mission where their goal is to capture someone of fair importance to their enemy group. one of the members of the main organization's best team is tasked with seducing their target and then having the rest of the team help capture him/her. however, the two begin to fall for one another as he/she is being help captive.

but later on, as the former member of the rival organization helps their lover's (i guess you could call it i don't know) group infiltrate the enemy group's facility, it is found out that he/she were being used as bait for their organization. this was because he/she was threatened that if they didn't help them out, they would hurt the people he/she had grown close to and the person they created affection ties towards. so, they only helped out in order to protect those around them.

extras

when the "antagonist" is initially captured it would probably be best or ideal for them to be resilient, harsh, and stubborn towards their captors. and, the one who managed to gain that person's trust had become a regular visitor of him/her in order to help get information out of them. or instead, you could have it as he/she who initially captured him/her is out in charge of watching over them. that's how the two could become close.

adding on to the idea of the initial captor watching over the main character, you could also change the story to the concept of someone in some sort of care taking facility. while the he/she is in a hospital/rehabilitation center/mental institution, or whatever you want it to be, the other main character is the one taking care of them. other than that, pursuing something like this wouldn't really match up with the initial idea, which doesn't matter.

another thing to consider is how he/she (the antagonist) displays their character development. you could have them only grow close to the person who regularly sees them and don't trust anyone else on that person's team or organization for the longest time, or they want to become trusted by everyone as soon as possible, to know that he/she is now in their side (but no one else is trusting of them). same goes for the protagonist: he/she could grow feeling towards him/her, but still be untrusting of them, or quickly trust them.

for the whole betrayal portion of the plot, you could possibly have the person playing the "double agent" literally turn their back on their alleged companion's group, completely abandoning them to go back to their original organization. or you could have it as portrayed in the plot, where they're being used.

another fun (??) thing you could add for dramatic purposes is that the antagonist was supposed to seduce the main character in the beginning, and ultimately failed, which leads to the events in the rest of the story.

this idea doesn't have to be set in this type of environment. you can have it take place in a situation much more passive, like a school setting for example but keep the main concept of "so-in-so somehow ends up betraying so-in-so for some reason or that so-in-so was essentially used for a certain purpose." or you can have it in a more serious situation, maybe one where it requires serious consequences for everyone in the end, or is very mentally toying.

author's note

for those of you who know what the game "to the edge of the sky" is, this idea is influenced by that game.

(open)