14.

22 March 2016
1:00am

•♛•
J-HOPE

"Taehyung! Watch out––"

Right at that moment, I watched as an incoming truck crash into Taehyung on the road. In slow motion, I saw his body flying across the street and landing about three metres away from where he was at just moments ago.

"Taehyung!" I screamed as I ran over to him.

The driver of the truck had pulled over at the side of the road and headed over to Taehyung as well.

Upon reaching where Taehyung was at, I could see blood flowing out from his head, arms and legs as I squatted beside him. His eyes were close even after I shrugged him a couple of times.

"Tae, wake up! Please!" I demanded as I continued shaking him, now more aggressively.

My eyes became teary, realising he was not responding.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't see him crossing the road- I-I'll call the ambulance," the driver insisted as he came over to Taehyung and I.

I just nodded as tears streamed down my eyes. I was so afraid that Taehyung would leave us just like how––Jimin had left us.

22 March 2016
9:00am

•♛•
TAEHYUNG

Beep.

Beep.

My eyes were still shut but I could hear a beeping sound somewhere near me as I laid on a bed. I slowly lit my eyes up and was about to look around to know where I was at when I felt a sharp pain at my neck and head. Due to that, I moved my eyeballs from left to right instead of moving my head. I glanced around to see myself in a room with white walls and a brown door, a place very unfamiliar to me.

I wanted to get out of the bed but my whole body was aching in pain so I had to lay back down. That was when I looked to my arms and legs to see bandages all over, covering almost all my skin. My jaw dropped in disbelief.

What happened to me?

I was unable to recall anything except––of me running through the hotel lobby with J-Hope's teddy bear in my hand before I crossed the road.

Just then, the door of the room swung open, revealing a guy in a white coat.

"Oh Mr Kim, you're finally awake," the guy, which I assumed was a doctor, uttered as he approached me.

"How long was I out?" I asked him.

"A few hours," he responded as he stood near me before checking my head, arms and legs.

Oh.

"Uhm did I uh-"

"Get into an accident? Well yes, you did," the doctor cut me off as he looked to me.

That got me to recall back on what had happened a few hours ago. I rememebered crossing the road and then––seeing an incoming truck heading towards me.

I shivered in fear at the thought of that.

"Your friends are outside, do you want them to come in?" The doctor asked, diverting my thoughts.

"Uhm sure."

The doctor left the room and minutes later, I heard the door of the room creaked open followed by audible gasps.

"Taehyung..." I heard a familiar voice coming closer to me.

I was unable to move my head much but from the voice, I knew immediately it was Jungkook. He stood at where my vision was at, leaning forward as he looked to me in a worried state. Soon after, two other heads appeared in my line of vision––J-Hope and Somi.

I looked to their faces to see that their eyes were puffy and red. Right at that moment, I felt bad as I knew they had been crying while waiting for me to regain my consciousness.

"What were you thinking, Tae?" J-Hope asked, sounding very disappointed in me.

"I-I'm so sorry."

That was all I could utter. I did not know what else to say that would make things better. J-Hope just shook his head in disapproval.

"I really thought you left us just like––"

"Okay J-Hope, stop. He's here and he's alive," Somi cut him off.

I knew J-Hope was very worried as he did not want to lose another friend. I, myself, knew how heartbreaking it was when we lost Jimin and hence, I felt extremely bad. J-Hope just nodded and looked away as he wiped of the tears that had streamed down without him noticing.

After some time of silence, Jungkook looked to me.

"What actually happened, hyung?" He questioned.

I stayed silent as I thought back about what had happened before the accident.

"I uh- was disturbed by something last night. I-I think it's coming from J-Hope's teddy bear," I responded, looking to Jungkook before turning to look at J-Hope.

"The one belonging to the little girl?" Jungkook asked.

I nodded.

"But- I don't think she's an actual living person though... I think the little girl you saw, hyung, was her restless spirit," I added.

J-Hope gave me an unconvinced look as his eyebrows knotted into a frown.

"So, that's the reason why? Tsk, do you guys even believe what he's saying?" He turned to look at Jungkook and Somi.

Somi, who had no idea what was happening, stayed silent while Jungkook tried to process what I had just said.

"I actually believe him," Jungkook muttered.