18.

23 March 2016
3:05am

•♛•
J-HOPE

I was soundly asleep that night when I was awoken by sounds of someone crying from a distance.

"Jungkook? Are you okay?" I asked as I sat up from my bed, rubbing my eyes.

There was no response though. I looked around the dark room before reaching out to a nearby lamp and turning it on. It illuminated a portion of the room and I was able to see Jungkook lying on his bed with his eyes closed. At the same time, the crying noises continued so I knew for sure it was not coming from Jungkook.

I stood up from my bed and followed where the crying noises were coming from. I realised the noises were coming from outside where the corridor was at. Curious as to who it was, I opened up the door and peeped out to the corridor. That was when I saw a familiar figure facing the window at the very end of the corridor, just next to my hotel room. It was the woman from next door.

Her head was down and her hands were cupping her face as she continued sobbing. I felt bad seeing her crying all by herself so I exited my room and went over to her. In my head, all I thought was that her fight with her husband must have became worse. Due to that, I wanted to comfort her.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" I asked as I stood behind her.

Hearing my voice, she stopped sobbing before placing her hands down. She did not say anything and continued looking down to the floor.

"What happened? Do you wanna tell––"

"I miss her," the woman muttered, interrupting me.

"Oh. Miss who exactly?" I questioned, slightly curious.

"My daughter."

"Oh, where is she?" I asked.

There was a moment of silence before she spoke again.

"Gone."

I cocked my head to a side, baffled by what she meant.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

Instead of responding, she turned her body around. Her head was still down as I watched her walked past me before making her way to her room without saying anything.

"Good night."

That was all she uttered before she entered her room, leaving me alone in the corridor. I just stood there, puzzled by the situation. I really wanted to help her but I guess, she did not want any help. Feeling tired, I headed back to my room and went to bed. I took my mind off whatever that had happened awhile ago before drifting off to sleep.

23 March 2016
8:00am

•♛•
JUNGKOOK

I woke up that morning to the beep sound of a phone. Realising it was mine, I sat up from my bed before reaching out to my phone on the side table. It was a text message from Taehyung.