The Life of a Paul University Guy

by Yhugee Dave Dike
.
.
Episode 15.
.
.
This afternoon is so dull and the sun was too scorchy and worst of it all, there was no light in the hostel making me sweat and feel hot, although, there was light in the classroom because the school gen was still on at the classroom block, which made the hostel somehow scanty because students went to class to plug in there phones and laptops.
I had finished eating my beans and plantain and taken my bath, so i decided to watch a movie on my system,I selected where my series movies were on my system, and started watching "Game of Thrones". I needed to take my mind off irrelevant stress of life.
By then Military was coming back from outside with Benjamin, one of his close buddy's. Benjamin is a noise maker who earned a nickname "dangram" and also "Mpokiti". I didn't like noise, so as soon as they entered the room I just put on my earpiece and continued watching the movie, but their voices were still too loud and still penetrated through the earpiece.
.
"you dey maaad!!!" Military shouted as he was laughing and entering the room with Benjamin
"no mind am, she no know who you be" Benjamin said while he was walking behind Samuel (military) and entering the room.
the where arguing with someone outside I guess.
"dangram haa far?" Richard shouted from his bed, trying to greet Benjamin
"I dey, yaaaah" Benjamin answered funnily
"this one you come my room, e be like say you don chop outside finish" Richard asked Benjamin trying to tease him that he was couldn't bring his food to eat in the room because he was stingy.
"Nna, wetin this one dey talk?" He asked pointing at Richard while looking at millitary
"Hmmmmm, wetin she cum mean. Sey you just dey cum my room wen u don chop finish" military replied dangram trying to make him understand what richard meant and make him(Benjamin) angry with Richard
Benjamin normally refers to guys as she and females as he, I don't know if he does this knowingly but it got too serious that he doesn't know the difference again. This made Samuel and Richard start using it while they communicated funnily with him
"dangram, you know......." Richard was about saying something when when Bengram cut him short
"shert up!!!, you no know, who I be oh" Dangram shouted, and Richard and Military started laughing uncontrollably
"haaaa.... she no sabi you na" military said to Benjamin
They were still talking and gisting when our door opened and a new guy came into the room.
"Is this Room 10?" The guy asked
"Yes any problem?" military said
"The potter asked me to come here and drop my box" The new guy said
"drop it in that corner over there" Richard told the guy, pointing to the wardrobe opposite him
"okay, thank you" he said and left outside the room to get other of his bags
"hmmm, this guy wants to come and take the space i use to sell my pure water bags" military said, somehow being angry.
We were just 3 initially in the room which was meant for 4 guys, so Samuel who knew knew business got into selling of bags of water in the hostel, he was really making it with the pure water business, everybody in the boys hostel purchased pure water, both in bags and sachet from him,just imagine him buying 20 bags of pure water and between 3 days he had sold them all, especially at night when the shops outside the hostel had been closed. The corner he normally dropped the bags of pure water when he buys it from the whole sellers was about to be taken by the new guy, so he was not that happy about it.
I was somehow happy that this would stop him from doing his business because this business also affected me somehow, negatively, I would be sleeping on my bed at night and a fellow human being like me would knock at the door heavily by 2am just to buy One sachet of pure water.Just imagine.
The guy later came back to the room with his other luggage, but by then military had shifted his pure water bags from the guys corner to his own corner since he had no other choice.
The new guys name was Johnson Wike.
* * * * * *
After a week with Johnson as a new room mate I found out that Johnson is a port harcourt guy who loved his body, he is also quiet and kinda shy in public but when he's in the hostel he would make noise and disturb with his small techno phone. We mistook him for Governor Wike's son due to fact he looked like him and also they had the same surname, this made Samuel to give him the nickname, "Governor's son". Johnson or you can refer to him as "Nwa Governor" can spend alot of money just to take good care of his hair and face. He was also a guy that many girls loved to have as a boyfriend in school, but as a Port-Harcourt guy he's a Play boy.