Life of a Paul University Guy

by Yhugee Dave Dike
#continuation
.
episode 23
Sandra's Point Of View
#POV
.
The school vacated on Monday morning, I left for Abuja while Chinasa who is from Imo but lives at Kano left for Kano too, and Praise who lives at Rivers State, instead of going to Rivers told me he would be traveling to his home town in Abia state to start spending his Christmas holiday with his parents.
When I got home it was already late since Abuja was more than 9 hours from Anambra state where my school(Paul University Awka) is at and with the traffic on the road which made the journey a tiring and stressful one. I reached home, and was welcomed by my mum and elder sister who were are home, I don't have any brother, my dad wasn't living with us because he works at Lagos so he stays there too. 10 minutes after I got home Praise called me again after he had already called me 2 hours ago to find out if i had gotten home, I told him I just arrived and was very tired so he asked me to eat and rest that he'll call me later in the night before i go to bed. Few minutes after Praise called Dave called too, to know if i had reached Abuja, I told him i was at home, and we talked for few minutes before he hung up the phone. I went and took a hot bath in the bathroom, came out to the parlour and perceived the Aroma of Ofe Nsala with fried Chicken coming out of the kitchen, this was just the beginning of my enjoyment. My elder sister was bringing out the food from the kitchen to the dinning for me. I just relaxed in the parlour pretending that I didn't smell the aroma of the food from the kitchen. I wanted her to serve the food and call me to eat because I was still tired sha and its once in a blue moon your elder sister serves you food that way.
" Sandra your food is on the dinning oh" My elder sister said dropping the tray of Eba and Ofe Nsala on the dinning table while i still sat in the parlour watching Tv. When my elder sister got back to the kitchen I turned back to see if she had also brought water to wash my hand, but she hadn't brought it so i still continued watching TV until she called my name again that the food would soon get cold, then I knew she had dropped the water for drinking and washing of my hand. I ate to my fullest not remaining any piece of chicken in the plate, in fact i devoured the chicken not even leaving the bone.
When i was done eating I decided to watch telemundo for a little while before I decided to go back to the room. It was already 9:23 pm, so I decided to call Chinasa to know if she had reached house, she said she reached about 3 hours ago. then I decided to flash Praise because he said he would call me before i slept and I was feeling sleepy at then, when I flashed him, he called back 4 minutes later.
"Bestfried how are you" Praise said
"sweetheart I'm fine oh, how are you na" I replied
"hmmm, I'm okay. I'm eating oh, come and join me" Praise continued
"please oh, if you know what I just finished eating eh, you will not even invite me to join you" I said
"hmm, what did you eat that will be better than jollof rice with goat meat and chilled chivita juice" Praise said while sounding like he was struggling to eat the meat and talking on the phone
"see enjoyment na, me I ate garri, with Ofe Nsala and fried chicken" I said back
"Jesus Christ, see this girl oh, you're enjoying already" He replied laughing
We continued talking for a long time that sleep got off from my eyes and I realized it was 12:13 in the morning, we still talked and I used that opportunity to tell him I had a crush on him but I couldn't tell him to his face since he was dating my friend Chinasa, he was really shocked when I said this and he also revealed that he too had a crush on me but the way I acted he thought I just wanted to be friend to him so that's how he became my bestie. We couldn't change anything after we said this to each other since he already has a girlfriend and I wouldn't want him to breakup with my friend just because of me.
We ended the call around 1:05 and went to bed.
The holiday was full of fun for the first two weeks, but the third week my sister had to go back to Calabar where she worked and I had to start doing all the chores at home. I prayed and wished that the holiday ran fast and school resumed and my prayer came to pass. we were to come back to school on 9th of January.