~Chapter One~ (part 1)

BE PREPARED FOR CONFUSION

NO REGRETS

Also just...be patient for characters to show up. Please. This story revolves around *gasp* THE PLOT, not your OCs.

That said, let me confuse you to death

*WARNING! UNEDITED SHIT AHEAD*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Running. Fighting. Pain. More running. Pain, pain, and more pain. Notch, everything hurts. I remember...a group of people...people I was trying to protect?

No. People I was trying to kill. Or was it both? It's fading, it's all fading.

Where am I? Am I dead? No, I can't be. I refuse to accept that. I've survived too much, I can't be dead.

Where are my friends? Where's Lukas? What about Jesse? Are they alive? No...who was I thinking about? Where...who...I'm hurt. What happened? How did I get here?

Someone must have saved me. Saved me from what? What could've hurt me this badly? Or maybe I'm not alive after all. No, I must be. You don't hurt this badly if you're dead. Or do you? No, no! It's all fading again!

I...why am I here? What's going on? Are they okay? Where did they go? Wait, who is 'they'? Am I-

"OW!" The ginger-haired girl screamed, abruptly sitting upright. "That HURTS!" She tried to push away the person who was sitting beside her, but she was too weak.

"Shh, calm down. I'm not gonna hurt you. You're wounded badly enough already."

"Who...who are you? Where am I? What happened?" The ginger asked, her head spinning in grogginess and confusion.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Just listen to me; I don't know everything but I hope I can explain some things. I don't know how you got here. I found you just outside the city. Something hurt you really, really badly. I'm amazed that you're alive." The stranger told her. Surprisingly, the ginger girl's savior was another girl who couldn't be older than 13. She had mousy-brown hair with jagged bangs and gray-green eyes, and wore a brown tunic and copper armor on her shoulders, knees, and arms. In her hands was a roll of bandages.

"You still didn't answer two of my questions." The ginger noted. She lifted her hand to rub her throbbing head, and her fingers came away red with blood. She gaped at her bloodied hand for a moment, then lifted her gaze to the other girl.

The younger girl sighed. "My name's Kiah. When I found you, my friend and I brought you to our house. We thought you would be unconscious for a while longer, but you woke up pretty fast. Anyway, I can take care of you, and you'll be safe here until you're well enough to walk."

"Well enough to-" the ginger started, then finally caught sight of her own body and gasped in horror. Her clothes were drenched in blood, and she had deep cuts across her limbs. Most of the blood had come from a terrible gash on her side, as well as a slash across her forehead. The wound in her left leg appeared to be the worst- the skin and muscle was ripped to shreds almost down to bone. It looked as though some terrible beast had used her for target practice.
Most of the wounds were bandaged somewhat clumsily, but they were still seeping small amounts of blood. The ginger shuddered, thinking about what state she might be in if Kiah hadn't found her.

"What...what the hell happened to me? How did this-" Her voice cut out into panicked gasps.

"Shh, shh. Calm down, you're gonna make it worse. I don't know how this happened. My friend and I found you lying a little way outside of the city. We thought you were dead at first. Do you...do you remember how this happened? Do you remember anything?" Kiah asked gently.