~Chapter Eleven~

This rather dull chapter is brought to you by Redvines, Maika, and me actually not going camping last weekend

Ugh yes I know this is late hhnnn

I just started back at my job so I'm still settling into my autumn schedule.

Anyway, the last chapter ended with Jesse, Myst, Kendall, and Athena deciding to go to Skybound to release Aaron on Logan's advice, while the rest of the New Order are going back to where the monsters attacked them, to see if they could find any clues as to where the creatures might have gone.

Also, this aLMOST has more reads than Shattered Souls wHEEZE-

---------

"I still don't think this is the right place." Olivia announced.

"And I think that you and Petra haven't gotten your memories back, so your opinion is invalid." Lukas retorted. Olivia crossed her arms, biting back another sharp remark. Lukas had been acting prickly since the very second they'd stepped foot in the little valley, especially towards her.

"Oh, don't remind me." Petra groaned from the other end of the small valley. "Axel, what do you think? Does this look familiar?"

Axel frowned. "I'm not sure. Things were kinda tense the last time we were here. It seems right though, and I know this was our most likely route from that village."

The valley was fairly narrow, bordered on either side by tall stone hills, dotted with gravel and dirt and topped by trees. The little dale, however, was devoid of forestry, as well as anything out of the ordinary. It opened up into a broad plains biome, though a sparse oak forest filled the space behind them.

"I'm telling you, this is it. We were here." Lukas insisted. Olivia shot him a look. "Then why does it look so normal? There's no evidence of a fight here, much less a battle involving demons!"

Petra had made her way over to the far end of the valley, nearly to where the plains began, and she called back, "Ah...Olivia? I think you're about to eat your words."

Olivia quickly turned to stare at her. "You found something?!"

The redhead was looking down at the ground, leaning over slightly. "Yep."

She didn't elaborate, so the other three Order members went over to where she was standing. Right at her feet was a small gap in the ground, only a few blocks wide. It appeared to be no more than an entrance to a mine.

But looking down into it, the stone gave way to a massive underground cavern, shaped somewhat like a cone. It seemed like there was only a layer or two of dirt below their feet before it all dropped away into oblivion.

"That's...definitely not natural." Axel commented.

Lukas knelt near the edge, squinting down into the darkness below. "No kidding. This must've been where the monsters were before they...got out." The last words were hesitant, Lukas suddenly feeling unsure whether or not the case was that they had simply gotten out.

A new voice called from behind them, causing all four of the Order members to whirl around. "They didn't just get out. They were released."

-----------

A bright flash of white light heralded the arrival of Kendall, Athena, Jesse, and Myst to the prison where Aaron was being held, the notorious fortress known as Skybound.

From the outside, the prison didn't look like much. The exterior was a tall iron dome surrounded by a thick obsidian wall, with no way to see what lie inside.