~Chapter Three~

Ugh

Sorry for the freaking three-month hiatus and now a chapter that isn't even worth the wait.

Rochelle has been in a snit lately and therefor I've been in a nice little knot of writer's block. There was about two weeks there that I didn't even touch this document

Buuut I hope I'm back now.

*cough* Anyway, we gotta get this chapter underway...how 'bout we start with some Jasgan?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three months ago...

Jasmine was dreaming.

She knew she was dreaming, because she was currently sitting on lavender grass, under a blue-leafed cherry tree. It was a peaceful dream for once, rather different from the haunting memories she usually thought of.

Through the cyan leaves, the sky was a mixed gradient of ever-changing pastel colors. She lay on her back in the soft grass, enjoying the silence of the dreamworld. The only noises were the gentle rustling of leaves, and the faint sound of her own breath.

It was bliss. Pure and complete peace.

Her life had been...interesting...since the rest of the Authors had put the world back together. Because of her untimely death from Wither Sickness, she had been granted a second chance at life, along with several others.

Not to mention her new Author powers.

Jasmine had been gifted with creation- she had the ability to shape objects out of nothing. Said objects weren't often stable or long-lasting, but she improved with every creation. She wished she had a guide, though. Someone or something that could help her navigate these confusing capabilities.

She opened one brown eye. What was that?

She could've sworn she heard a strange noise, somewhere between a footfall and a gust of wind. She sat halfway up and looked around...but there was nothing there.

Well, who cares. She thought, laying back down. Dreams are known to be bizarre. So long as this thing doesn't disturb my amity, I don't need to bother with it.

She was wrong, unfortunately.

"Jasmine. Knew I'd find you here." A familiar-yet-unfamiliar male voice remarked.

Jasmine sat bolt upright. "What! Who's there?"

The voice laughed sarcastically, not sounding the slightest bit amused. "Come off it, it hasn't been that long. Take a guess."

She leaped to her feet in a defensive stance, and glared around her, unable to pinpoint where the voice was coming from. "I'm not in the habit of socializing with voices in my head. You know what they say- 'A smart person learns from their mistakes, a very smart one learns from the mistakes of others'. Get outta my dream."

He laughed again, much more genuine this time. Jasmine was beginning to feel like she knew this boy, but still couldn't place him from voice alone. "Honestly, Jas. You know who I am. Quit fighting me, and it'll be easier."

"Easier? Easier for you to brainwash me?" She snapped.

"Easier for me to talk to you. You're trying to push me out of your head, and I swear I mean you no harm. If you let me into your dream completely, I can talk to you face-to-face. I suppose you think I like being a disembodied voice?"