~Chapter Two~

Hhhhhhnnnnnnn

I know where I'm going with this story, I just don't know how to get there :T

Once things start really picking up I'll have no problem, but in this odd kind of beginning part I'm having pROBLEMS

HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN

Let's check in with Olivia first, shall we?

Since I really miss her

She's one of my favorite s1 characters and I wish she was in s2 ;-;

(I'm currently replaying s1, and I am a MESS.)

(this is off-topic im sorreh)

Unfortunately this chapter was not written in one smooth go like most of the others- it was several sittings of me being kind-of-but-not-entirely-focused, so it's a bit shitty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The underground prison hall had been dimly lit, but the tunnel leading out of it was much brighter. The cavern-like structure sloped upwards, finally ending in a sandstone-fence gate that was raised when the lavender-haired girl approached it. Olivia quickly followed her out, blinking in the bright sunlight as she looked around.

Now she could see that the prison-cavern was on the outskirts of a kind of plaza, people milling everywhere in between the sandstone houses. A large, temple-looking thing dominated the center, surrounded by all sorts of simple buildings of varying shapes and sizes. The entire place was enclosed by a massive, intimidating wall, probably to keep rival bandit tribes out.

Olivia swiveled her head back and forth, trying to look at everything at once. When she had heard that the Husks were bandits, she had imagined shabby huts and dark corners, not an entire small town of clever craftmanship.

"Th-This place is incredible!" Olivia managed to say, still looking around. The girl grinned. "This isn't even our full base, actually. Most of the buildings are underground, to protect from the desert heat. All the same, don't try to take it all in at once."

Olivia finally turned her attention to the lavender-haired girl. "What's your name, by the way? Or is that information not allowed to be shared with prisoners?"

The girl rolled her eyes and tossed her thin golden scarf over her shoulder. "I'm Sapphire. And Coral already told you, you're not a prisoner. If you were, do you think we'd be walking through here unguarded?"

"Then what am I?" Olivia challenged. Sapphire shrugged. "That's why we're going to see Orinn, isn't it?"

Olivia paused for a moment. "What's this 'Orinn' like? Is he a good leader?" she asked somewhat anxiously.

"Well, look at this place! Does it look like it's lead by a weak or incapable person? Orinn's great. He can be a little stern, but he's reasonable and fair. And he's way smart." Sapphire replied.

"How did you end up here?" Olivia inquired, since Sapphire seemed okay with answering questions.

"It's complicated. No one here has a straight-out, black-and-white story." The other girl said with a small shrug as they walked through a series of pillars and up a few steps into the temple-like building. "Alright, right in here. I don't know what he's doing at the moment, but Orinn's always around the Hall at this time of day, and he's expecting us."

The inside of the hall was larger than it looked from the outside, and it was shady and cool. The whole place seemed very open, with the tall roof and nothing but rows of pillars separating it from the outside. A few doors were visible along the sides, and a raised dais was placed in the center of one end of the hall. An intricately carved chair sat upon it- not quite a throne, but certainly hinting at one. Several people were standing in groups, each deep in their own conversations. A young woman with bright pink hair in a ponytail gave them the once-over as they walked in, then deliberately looked away.