~Chapter Seven~

Hello hi I wanna die

This chapter is brought to you by Mitis, chocolate cake, my sister's cat Newt, and a shit ton of stress

I still have no motivation so I'm just forcing myself to accomplish things until I feel more enthusiastic about this whole mess

Question- should I start doing little recaps of what previously happened to the Order member each section is about??

Like

This chapter starts off being about Lukas
Next time, should I add a little thing about 'oh yeah this is what happened to him last time so you don't have to go digging through this mess of a book' ?

Ugh this makes no sense

I know it's all very confusing at this point but I SWEAR it'll start leveling out soon nngh

and DO I EVEN NEED TO TELL YOU that I hardly edited

Also yes I'm completely stalling

-----------

"Stop staring at me." Lukas ordered in a monotone.

"I'm not staring at you." Aiden looked away. It was the day after Lukas had woken up, and they were preparing to go meet Ava, a friend of the Blazerods who'd figured out a recipe to make a Potion of Memory. Lukas had taken off the bandages covering the wound on his neck, and the vinelike bruise was hard to ignore.

"I can feel you looking at me, Aiden. Yes, I've got a weird injury. You know what it looks like." The blonde boy snapped.

"Sorry, I know, I'm just...I know."

"If you knew, you would knock it off."

"GUYS! Are you coming, or what?" Maya hollered up from downstairs. Aiden rolled his eyes, walking the rest of the way down the narrow stairway. "We're right here. Would you chill?"

They joined the other two Blazerods waiting by the door. Maya crossed her arms, looking supremely grouchy. "Where's Lyn?"

"For the last time, stop CALLING ME THAT." Marilan's voice snapped from upstairs.

"It's just a nickname!" Maya objected.

Marilan came stomping down the stairs, fiddling with the buttons on her grey shirt. The stomping seemed unintentional, more cause of her boots than her temper. "It's inaccurate. My name isn't spelled with a Y."

"Okay, Marilina." Maya shot back. The other girl cut her a warning glare. "Don't go there."

"She's in one of those moods." Gill informed calmly, laying a hand on Maya's shoulder.

"A snap-at-everyone-she-sees mood or a i-am-preparing-to-burn-down-the-world mood?" Aiden quipped.

"Keep that up and it'll definitely be the second one." Maya growled.

Lukas smiled as Aiden added another sass-loaded retort to the conversation. It was good to see that some things would never change. The two of them had been on a non-stop rampage of antagonizing each other, ever since Maya had first joined the Ocelots.

"Hey, cut it out, both of you. Don't we have somewhere to be?" Gill pointed out, ever the voice of reason. He looked at Lukas. "Didn't this used to be your job? Making sure Aidya didn't kill each other? Why am I the one stuck with it?"

Marilan patted his arm sympathetically as she pushed the door open and went out. "Because I don't have the patience and Lukas has been too busy getting himself ripped up by monsters."