~Chapter Thirteen~

I ALMOST forgot to post this??? fuck

I've been working on this story for more than a year now wHEEZE-

More than 12 months of work and I'm only on chapter hecking thirteen

//upset noises

Anyway.

Our whole massive team of heroes is now heading out to fight some demons!

Dawson, Cindy, Aiden, Kenzie, Ruby, Rush, Gill, Becca, Petra, Jasmine, Minty, Ivory, and Lila are going after the Eyece, led by Jesse

Olivia, Marilan, Athena, Aranna, Kat, Myst, Aaron, Kendall, Maya, Liv, and Star are going after the Wellwisher, led by Axel

This is going to kill me, trying to keep everything straight ughhh

and wow I didn't have time to edit so enjoy this SHIT PARADE of a chapter >:|

----------

The sun glinted brightly off the pure-white snow, making it shine like a million tiny diamonds. The ice spikes biome was cool and silent, but not eerily so. The snow-coated hills bore the silence of a midnight snowfall, the only sounds being the skitter of small rabbits bolting over the ice and the gentle crunching of human footfalls in the snow.

Our group of adventurers weaved through the numerous ice formations jutting up from the ground, following Becca as she carefully examined her map.

"We should be getting close." The young guardian announced.

Petra fell into step with her, leaning over to glance at the map as well. "Really? Already? How d'you know? Where are we?"

Becca tucked the map into her inventory, shooting the redhead a reproachful look. "You don't need to sound so skeptical. I know what I'm talking about."

"I just-" Petra broke off as a clump of snow suddenly hit the back of her neck. She whirled around, brushing snow out of her hair. "Hey. Who did that?"

Several of the others had been tossing snowballs at each other for the past few minutes, but so far Petra had been exempt from being a target. Cindy gave her a demure grin. "I'm sure I don't know."

Petra scowled halfheartedly at the younger girl. "You're such a pack of goof-offs."

"Oh, we know." Dawson said cheerfully. Ginger gave a low woof, and the blonde girl smiled down at her dog. "Ginger agrees."

Jasmine was holding a small block of packed ice in her hands, and was practicing changing it into different things. Her power of creation allowed her to form objects out of nothing, but she could create things from solid blocks as well. She was starting to get the hang of it, despite it taking a bit more effort.

Kenzie was watching her with fascinated eyes, marveling over the older girl's otherworldly ability. The block morphed into a short saber, which Jasmine quickly used to slice away a snowball that had been tossed in her direction.

Jasmine quickly formed a snowball in her left hand, and threw it at Ruby in one swift motion. The gold-haired girl shrieked and launched herself into the air. A pair of green dragon wings had formed on her back, lifting her above the ice spikes.

"Not cool, Jas!" the shapeshifter snapped.

"I dunno, seemed pretty cool to me." Ivory cracked. Jasmine snorted.