Chapter 1

Today was the day

Today was the day. Today was the day that school finally ended. Today was the day that my friends and I got three months off. This was the time when i still had to go to school every single day for swim practice, and i wanted to throw up just thinking about that.

"Yo, hot stuff! Wait for me!' Richie ran up to Spencer in the crowded hallway. "Go blow your dad Richie."

"Well i mean, that's kinda illegal, but whatever it takes to make you happy that is what i am prepared to do." Richie winked at me and threw his arm around my shoulder. "You are a disgusting excuse of a human. You are aware of this right?" "Oh yes, I tell myself this every single night."

As the both of us walked down the hallway, with his arm still around my shoulder, I noticed the schools mean Greta and her minions leave the bathroom with smiles on their faces and that could only mean one thing... they just messed some shit up.

"Hey Rich, I'll meet you guys out there i just need to go check up on something real fast." Before he could even reply i darted into the girls restroom and saw Beverly Marsh in front of the mirror smelling like shit.

"Hey Bev, you okay?" Beverly and I had been talking to each other ever since I had moved here with my older brother and sister.

"What, oh yeah this. I'm fine just had a little fight with the trashcan, no big deal." She said looking down at her shirt that was practically soaked with nasty trash water. "Here I have an extra shirt that you can change into. I was gonna wear it after practice but you need it more than i do." I said before i knelt down and opened my bag to pull out a simple blue shirt. "Here ya go." I handed Bev the shirt and before she could even thank me somebody banged on the door, and by somebody, I mean the Trashmouth.

"Come on Spencer, I get if you're on your period or something but even i could put a tampon up there faster than this!"

"BEEP BEEP RICHIE!" I practically screamed at him before i turned back to Beverly looking really pretty in the shirt.

"I can give the shirt back to you tomorrow after i wash it. Thanks again for it."

"It's no big deal, keep it anyway, you look really cute in that colour." And before she could even respond i darted out of the bathroom and practically tackled Richie and gave him a wet-willy.

"SPENC, WHAT THE HELL?!"

"YOU.DO.NOT.SAY.THAT." And with every word i said he gained a punch to the arm, which would probably bruise him later, but honestly, he deserved it.

After Richie and i finished our "argument" we were met with the rest of the Losers Club standing outside in front of a trash can dumping out all of their books.

"Best feeling ever." Stan said as he finished dumping out all his books into the trashcan while smiling. "Oh yeah, try tickling your pickle for the first time."

"Richie you are disgusting."

"As we already stated earlier"

"So what all are you guys gonna do this summer?" Eddie asked trying to keep me from full on hitting Richie in the face.

"Oh practicing my street fighting." Richie said bluntly like it was the most obvious thing in the entire world.

"That's how you want to spend your summer? Inside an arcade?" Eddie asked dumbfounded while emptying out his book bag

"Beats spending it inside your mom. OOHH!" Richie put his hand up to get a high five from someone, and the moment Eddie turned around i high fived his hand as fast as i could before Eddie turned around.

"Gu-guys we have t-to go t-to the b-ba-barrens." Bill said looking at all of us stoped the lighthearted chatter.

"Yeah, right. Sorry Bill." I looked at the poor boy who's brother had gone missing at the beginning of the year. Bill had kept on thinking that Georgie was just missing and not dead, but it had been months, and no sign of Georgie.

"Does she really think that Betty is going to come out of the school," We all turned around to the direction Richie was looking at. Miss.Ribson was standing by a bunch of police cars looking at the school, hoping Betty would come out and go home with her, but Betty's been missing for months now. "I mean we all know that she isn't coming out. She's probably dead somewhere with maggots and worms going in and out of her now."

"Beep beep Richie." I smacked Richie on the top of his head as i said that, looking at him in pure disbelief that he would say that, let alone in front of Bill.

"Mi-mis-missing R-Richie. Not d-dead." Bill looked down to the floor with sadness pouring out of his eyes and his face. I just wanted to walk up there and hug him and tell him it will all be okay while at the same time strangling Richie.

"Well i don't know about you guys but i am ready to leave this place for the rest of the day. Milkshakes anyone?" All the boys' heads perked up at the thought of milkshakes and they all immediately turned around and started walking.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me." Eddie groaned outwardly and all the boys stopped in their tracks to see the Bowers gang walking straight towards us.

Henry, the leader of the idiots, took Stans kippah off his head and started throwing it around like a frisbee.

"Now now Henry, didn't your parents teach you to not steal things from other people? Now be a good boy and give the kippah back to Stan and we can be off our ways." After i said that Henry stared walking towards me and got to the point where we were chest to chest and he was moving his head around to intimidate me.
"Oh yeah guess what Bowers? I can do that too." And with that i started moving my head the same way he was.

After our little "show down" Henry gave Stan his kippah back and then Bill decided to make matters worse.

"Yuh-you s-s-suck Bowers." Bill stuttered out standing his ground while Henry walked up to him, just like how he did earlier.

"Ya know Billy-boy. You got a get out of jail card because of what happened to your brother. But that ends this summer. I'm gonna make this year a living hell for you and all your freak friends." With that last "threat" Henry and his gang left us all, only after Henry licked his hand and drug it down Richies face.

We all started walking away from the school and to our happy place. The ice cream store.