Search

I wondered the desolate land that used to be the world I knew and hated... most of the buildings were reduced to ashes and rubble, and there was no sign of life... anywhere. I sensed that I needed to find something, someone, or someplace... but WHAT?! How the Hell am I supposed to find something when I don't know who or what it is?.. Sigh.. I kept moving.. day became night and night later turned to day, over and over again, I don't know how I'm not dead yet..maybe there's someone waiting for me so they are preserving me until I arrive...but that's a long shot. I spot a figure in the distance.. I can't tell much from it... it was humanoid at least.. I took a few steps forward, but once I moved it dissipated into the ashes around it. Maybe I'm not the only one left... maybe there is someone. Days became weeks and weeks became months until I stumbled on something, I looked down on what I had tripped over; it was a stone, a deep red stone... basically blood red and it was cold as ice. I pocketed the strange find and kept moving. A few more days passed until I felt a warmth coming from my pocket, I took out the odd stone.. it was heating up, extremely fast. It soon became so hot I had to drop it before I burned myself. It was now pulsing red, kinda like a heartbeat...maybe I'm near someone, or something. I avoided the burning stone and walked north of it, I saw a glimpse of someone when everything went black.