Where you once were

I sit here on this lonely park bench, where we would always meet. I know you aren't coming because it's no longer us it's just me, all alone. I'm waiting for someone to come but who? Who am I waiting for? Maybe I'm waiting for an answer as to why you betrayed me like this, maybe it's because I want you back so badly even though I hate the slightest thought of you, I've torn up our photos, I've erased every piece of evidence of you in my life, besides my own memories... which I can't seem to forget, I remember when we would sit here in the spring and watch the cherry blossoms falling from the trees as the breeze would carry them away, or in the summer as we would enjoy the sun and smile at the children playing around the park, or in the fall when the trees were bright and bold and the weather was just getting cold, or maybe even the winter when the first frost would come around and we would watch the sun melt it away. I want so much to forget you, but yet I want to hold onto what is left of what we had. I'm so conflicted, I know I can't turn back, that's for sure, I don't regret a single word I said... but I do miss you...and I loved you. But for now, I'll remain sitting here.. on this empty park bench... alone once more...