Chapter 1 - The River's Edge

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/31539

Flashback

Riverdale

As there was a voice over from a young man named Jughead Jones, there were several shots of the town called Riverdale, that seemed to be safe, neat and quiet, when in reality, it was everything but.

Jughead: (voice over) "Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world. Safe, decent, innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale."

(Song) Tell Me - Johnny Jewel feat. Saoirse Ronan

Two siblings, Jason and Valentina 'Vallie' Blossom, drove down the road in a red old fashioned sports car, into the woods.

Jughead: (voice over) "And our story begins, I guess, with what two of the Blossom kids did this summer."

Jason and Valentina climbed out of the car, walking toward the river front.

Jughead: (voice over) "On the Fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Valentina Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride."

Valentina pulled her hair out of her face, looking at her brother. "Are you scared, Jason?"

Jason smiled, shaking his head.

They road the boat across the river.

(End of Song)

Later, a man was leading boy scouts through the woods. Valentina was sitting on the side of the river, soaked, shaking.

Jughead: (voice over) "The next thing we know happened for sure was that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's Boy Scout Troop, on a bird watching expedition, came upon Vallie by the river's edge."

Valentina looked toward them. "Jason."

~-~

Later

Valentina was sitting in a boat with her sister Cheryl, her mother Penelope, and her father Clifford in a boat as they were dredging the water for Jason.

Jughead: (voice over) "Riverdale Police dredged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it."

Two parents, Hal and Alice Cooper, were watching from the river's edge.

"If he is dead, Hal, I hope in those last moments he suffered," Alice told him. They watched the Blossoms. "May Jason Blossom burn in hell.

Valentina turned away from her family, toward where the crowd was watching. She saw Jughead and KP Jones watching from the river's edge, walking toward them. KP walked closer, wrapping a blanket around Valentina, giving her a hug. The two best friends embraced for a long moment.

Jughead: (voice over) "So a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket."