Chapter 13 - The Sweet Hereafter

Same Night - Same Scene

Day One

Night - Thornhill Barn

The police drove up to the barn, getting out of the car, armed, making their way inside. Valentina and Cheryl stood behind them outside, looking inside to find Clifford hanging from a noose in the barn, surrounded by drugs in the barrels. No one was shocked that he had appeared to have taken his own life, and no one was grieving his death.

Valentina: (voice over) "It was the ultimate cliffhanger. My father, Clifford Blossom, had killed himself. But why?"

~-~

Pop's Chock-Lit Shoppe

Jughead sat at the counter, typing on his laptop, while he was getting updates from Vallie on what happened on his phone.

Jughead: (voice over) "Life's not an Agatha Christie novel. It's a lot messier."

~-~

Thornhill Barn

Sheriff was holding a container with drugs. "What the hell is Cliff Blossom doing with drugs?"

~-~

Pop's

Jughead was sitting at the counter, typing on his computer.

Jughead: (voice over) "Valentina Blossom came to realize this about her family. Maple syrup was a front for her father's true business. Transporting heroin from Montreal on his trucks. A narrative quickly emerged."

~-~

Thornhill Mansion - Valentina's Room

Valentina couldn't leave her mansion because the police and her mother told her she couldn't, but she could type on her computer for her and Jughead's novel.

Valentina: (voice over) "That my brother Jason Blossom learned about dear old Dad's drug running, and threatened to expose the truth, which led to Jason's abduction at the hands of a Southside Serpent named Mustang, and then to Jason's murder at the hands of our father."

~-~

Pop's

Jughead was typing on his laptop.

Jughead: (voice over) "Clifford killed Mustang to cover his tracks, making it look like he'd overdosed, and tried to implicate a rival businessman, Hiram Lodge, as having masterminded the whole thing."

~-~

Thornhill Mansion - Valentina's Room

Valentina was sitting on her bed, typing on her laptop.

Valentina: (voice over) "And, oh, yeah, I almost forgot. My father threatened my life and the lives of one of my best friends and my boyfriend KP and Jughead Jones, so that their father, FP Jones, would confess to pulling the trigger even though all he did was clean up the mess."