Chapter: 1

I used to think my life would be forever miserable until I changed my city. My life had become hell and my mom realized it was better for her daughter to change school than facing something worse.

I had been bullied and pushed away just because I coloured my hair in different shades like blue or purple or pink and would dress differently than others. I was the kid who didn't fit in. People there didn't want to do anything with them who wasn't like them. They were mean and ruthless. When my mom asked me if we want to move back to the place where she grew up, I immediately said yes. She made some calls and we were already on the way to Seattle.

I had been here before as a kid. I knew her best friends and their kids. However, in the past five years, the visits became less and less. Every time my mom made plans, I didn't want to go.

Billy Black and Charlie Swan were good people. Jacob was Billy's son and Bella was Charlie's daughter. They were both older than me and was always nice to me, which sometimes could be awkward for me since I was used to being alone.

I was kind of dreading about the reunion. It had been a long time for me but I also knew they will be the constant people from now on.

Bella had already called me to inform she was getting married and asked me to be her bridesmaid. I was a little surprised at first since we were never close. She told me we were like those cousins who would be awkward in each other's company yet if one of them is in trouble, the other will help. I realized she was right. We were family. I told her yes.

She informed me we would go shopping after I get there. It would be the perfect time to catch up.

"We're here," my mom said cheerfully.

It's been raining all day, it didn't match my mom's mood. Although I was enjoying the rain.

The house was a two-story, brown and cream coloured building. We couldn't come here before so mom had Charlie to come and check it. According to the seller, it had one garage, two bedrooms, one kitchen, one living room and two and a half bathroom.

As we went inside, I immediately loved it. It was furniture less and we didn't have any vehicles yet but the structure and the colours were nice. I loved the light sky colour of the living room and mint colour of the garage. I just didn't like the colour of my room, it was pale yellow and I hated yellow. My mother's room was a pale orange which I realized I want for my room, either that or close to that.

"Alex, come here," my mom called me from downstairs. The stairs were off-white and light brown. The whole house was giving me a dollhouse vibe which I wasn't very fond of in general but it felt really nice at that moment.

Charlie and Jacob were there talking to my mom in our living room. There was also another guy whom I didn't know.

Charlie looked older than I remembered. He had a few white hairs on his head along with his mustache. Jacob had grown bigger and he had abs. Even with his sleeveless shirt, I could tell it from the size of his biceps. The other guy, well he looked like a younger version of Jacob. With same tanned skin tone, dark brown eyes, and biceps. He was cute too.

"Hey, kiddo," Charlie said with a smile. "You've grown up so much."

I smiled back at him. "Eighteen now. And how are you, old man?"

"Still kicking criminals in the butt," he said. He was a police officer.

"Alex, I have something to show you," Jacob said pointing towards the door with his head. "Come on."

We left my mom and Charlie in the living room and walked outside. The young Jacob followed us too. Out there were Charlie's police car and two bikes. One black and one blue.

"Wow," I mumbled.

"Ashley said you will be needing a bike and I had two so pick one and it's yours," Jacob explained.

"This is the best welcome gift I ever received," I said grinning and I hugged him. It was unexpected for both of us but I was way too happy.

"Now you hug too?" he laughed hugging me back. "Bella will be thrilled."

"I don't," I chuckled and pulled away. "I just love bikes and they look amazing. Thank you so much, Jake. I am taking the black one by the way."

"You're welcome," he smiled showing his white teeth. "I can't believe the girl who never talked much is going to ride a bike."

I scoffed at him playfully. "Stereotype much?"

He laughed.

"And you both continue to ignore my existence."

We both looked at the other guy and immediately I felt guilty because I knew what it's like to be the one who gets ignored.

"Sorry," I said and looked at Jacob.

"Yeah, sorry, I just wanted to show the bikes," Jacob said. "Alex, this is Seth, a friend of mine and he is family. Seth, this is Alex, and you know who she is already."

"Yeah," Seth shot a smile towards me and looked at Jacob. "Next time just don't forget who brought the bikes in the first place."

"I could have always brought Embry or Quill," Jake shrugged and gave him a look that he couldn't care less.

"I could have always brought Embry or Quill," Seth mimicked him in a bad way which made me crack up.

"Come here," Jacob went to catch Seth and he was already running away. However, Jacob was fast and caught him in a headlock and mess up his hair.

I continued to laugh at their childish behavior.

"Looks like you're having fun," my mom and Charlie came out from the house.

Jacob and Seth had already stopped and they were walking towards us. Seth was combing through his hair with his fingers.

I smiled at my mom. "Guess so."

"Wanna go for a ride?" Jacob asked giving me a half smile.

"Thought you'd never ask," I grinned.

I told my mom I would be home soon and she told me to have fun. We drove off. Seth was driving the blue one beside me, while Jake sat behind me guiding me through the roads and buildings. I learned the way to my new school, the hospital my mom would be working in, and the beach. I loved it. Jacob and I caught up on the way and with the wind on my face, I was happy.