Chapter: 20

Alice doesn't have a limit when it comes to shopping. It was a lot. She even got me a few clothes. Demetri bought them. When I asked if he got a lot of money, he reminded me that he lives in a castle which I found as a valid point.

Everything was going fine until Seth came and he stood there when he saw me, Demetri and Alice laughing. My mouth turned upside down in a second.

"What are you doing here?" Demetri asked standing up. He had changed back to Jasper's clothes.

"That's really none of your business," Seth said. "You're a guest."

"Well, I might be staying for a while and you don't even live here."

I looked at Alice and she got up to stood between them. "Back off, Demetri." Demetri shot a look to Seth for the last time and sat back down beside me. Seth looked at him and then at me. I looked away because he had played me.

"What are you here for, Seth?" Alice asked. "No one is at home."

"I needed to talk to Carlisle but I guess I will come back later," he mumbled.

Alice nodded. Seth looked at me again. "Can I talk to you?"

I sighed but nodded. So we went upstairs to talk. He did apologize for not telling anything but he didn't say anything because he really liked me and he wasn't sure if I was his imprint or not. He knew nothing. I forgave him and told him to let me go. Already we broke up. And I am supposed to be a vampire's partner about which I wasn't sure yet but I didn't want a relationship with someone who will find someone else later. He understood and asked if we could be friends. I told him, yes, and that's how we started to talk again.

When Seth was gone, I realized no one was at home other than me and Demetri. Alice had gone outside to meet Jasper somewhere.

Suddenly I got a call. It was from Carlisle.

"Hello," I said on the phone.

"Come to the hospital as soon as you can," he said. "Your mom had an accident."

And that was my life's second turning point.