Chapter: 16

"Of course," Carlisle said.

"He can stay as long as he wants," Esme said.

"Thank you for the kindness," Aro said to her. "Now, we must get going. Goodbye, my young friends." With that, he shot us a creepy smile and turned towards the door.

Everyone was gone.

I let go of Demetri's hand and sat down on the sofa. My head was in between my hands. I was shaking with fear. I might have faced them and talked them out of it. But only for now.

"You were amazing," Jasper said making me look up. "I could feel Aro was getting stressed at the last part but you convinced him."

"Why are you talking about the master in front of the pet?" Emmett said glaring at Demetri.

"Can you guys just stop?" I said. "I want to go home." I had been gone through too much. I figured out the things after all these days and right after that, I almost died.

"I will drop you off," Seth said. "And I won't take no for an answer. Your hand is still broken and I can't let anything happen to you again."

He knew me well. I was going to say no. I sighed. "Fine." I looked at my friends. "Thank you for being there." I looked at Demetri. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"I will get the car started," Seth said and with one last look at Demetri, he walked out. Jacob followed him.

I wasn't asking them to leave to be honest. I was asking Demetri to come outside but the vampire had already left.

"What is it, love?" He asked and gently touched my cheek.

I shivered and he pulled away.

"I know what I promised to him. I don't know what will happen in the future because as Alice said, I am not sure," I said. "Give me some time. Everything is happening too fast." I nodded and looked at his eyes. "Your eyes are a shade darker.

"That's because I am hungry."

I raised my eyebrow. "Is it because of my blood?"

"No," he said. "I haven't fed for a few days."

"Do a favour, and feed on animals while you are here," I said. "I can't look at you without thinking some poor human was killed."

He kissed on my forehead. "Anything for you."

The kiss was cold but it spread warmth through my whole body. I did not want him to go. Reality hit me hard and I jumped back.

"I can't do this," I said looking at him.

He looked hurt and I hated to see him like that. I had no choice.

"See you around, Demetri." With that, I walked out.

I still had a lot of questions so I started to ask Seth on the way home. About gifts, who had them. He told me Demetri is the best tracker in the world. The boy, Alec can produce black mist which can make a person paralyzed. They wouldn't even know if they are dead and Jane could look at people and produce physical pain. Apparently only the Cullens and the Denalis are vegetarian as they called themselves. Every other vampire drinks human blood. He also told me about how fast and strong they are. About newborns, who are really tough to control because they get extra strength and bloodthirst for humans.

"If it wasn't for Marcus, I would have asked you what you were doing with Demetri, hanging out, I mean," he said. "But you don't have that bond. Though, I wanted to rip his head off when he was holding your hand."

I touched Seth's shoulder. "He was the best option for me to stand beside me. They only care for their own. Marcus said he is in love with me and he is one a part of the Volturi. And to be honest, I was scared to face Aro. If I had left his hand, then it will show our bond is weaker and they could've used that against me. I couldn't risk it." I took a deep breath. "In the morning, I was just investigating," I said.

"Investigating?"

I nodded and told him the contact incident. Only I left the recording part.

We didn't find my mom at home as expected. I asked if Seth want to come over for dinner because I didn't want to cook only for myself. He said yes and I was grateful I had him.