Chapter: 34

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry for the late upload. Exams. Here you go. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You left me," I said stepping towards Demetri and he stepped backward. "And if anyone dares using their gifts, it will end up badly for them."

"Note's taken," Kate said.

"But will he live?" Jasper said.

 "He'll live," Alice said, then added. "I think."

"Don't you dare look at anyone else," I said picking him up by his collar. Thanks to my newborn strength. 

"I didn't have a choice," Demetri said.

"Explain," I said throwing him on the ground. 

He slowly rolled over and stood up as he spoke. "Look, when you said your mother will be a vampire. I was scared because I had to inform Aro."

"Aro's pet," Emmett said.

I think Demetri would've said something to Emmett, but either he remembers my warning or it's my gift. 

"I did not want mas...Aro to find out from anyone else," he said. "Because he would've probably killed me otherwise."

"Oh please," I said. "You are too valuable to him. Everyone here knows that."

He shook his head. "You don't understand. I am replaceable, unlike Jane or Alec. And if I hadn't informed him, and later he found out that she is joining the Cullens. Then he would've thought I had betrayed him by not telling him this information. So he told me to come back. And I had to. Felix, Jane, and Alex were there to take me. They didn't let me call you or anyone else."

"Aro knew you would want to leave," Edward said making me look at him. "Chelsea's power wasn't effective on you since you were here and obviously you two belong together. He knew he couldn't make you leave her so he called you back so that Chelsea's power blinds your love. And since it hadn't been too many days. It partly worked."

"But you sent me a present on my birthday," I mumbled.

Demetri took a step forward and when he realized I wasn't angry as before, he took another step. "I loved you, Alex. I always did. With Chelsea's power or not. So I sent you a gift. Whatever I could buy fast because I was on watch. Someone would always be with me."

"What about Heidi?" I asked.

His mouth partly opened and closed, then frowned. "How do you know her?"

"Well," I said stepping back. "She called me and said a lot of things. Like, you two are close and you never ever mentioned me because I'm not important."

He put his head in his hands.

"So it's true?" I scoffed and stepped backward. "I'm outta here." I turned to go, but Demetri was fast and he caught my hand. "Let me go." I tried to jerk him off and he did let me go. 

"Listen to him first," Edward said. I shot him a Shut up look. "What? I am just helping."

I rolled my eyes and looked at Demetri. "She was a friend. Yes. And I, not I, no one mentioned your name in the Volterra. The only people who knew were who had met you before today. And they didn't want anyone to know about you unless it happens. So she didn't know. And honestly, I had no idea how you know her. But she is not close to me that much. I admit, she is a good friend but that was before I found you, my love. Trust me."

I ran my hands through my hair and turned to Maggie, the little one from the Irish Coven. She could tell if someone's telling the truth or not. "Is he lying?"

She shook her head. "He is telling the truth. All of it."

I nodded and looked at Demetri. 

"So?" he asked walking closer to me until we were too close. 

"I guess, you just have to make it up to me since you weren't here," I mumbled, but then smiled and threw my hands around him. "I love you."

"I love you more," he said and then he kissed me.