Chapter: 18

I woke up in the morning with him beside me.

"Morning," I mumbled.

"Good morning, love," he said and kissed on my forehead again.

I was still sleepy, so I hugged him and put my head on his chest. But he was so hard and cold that my sleep was gone. Seth's warm. Seth. That name brought me back to reality. I had to go. I moved away from him and sat up.

"Your mom came home last night to check on you," he said as I brushed my hair out of my face. First thing I do in the morning.

I stopped and looked at him. "Where did you go then?"

"I hid," he said giving me a playful smile.

"All right," I said. "Do you want to go to school with me today?"

"Do you want me to?" He sat up.

"I am going to get ready," I said. "You go and get changed into something else. Meet me outside."

After breakfast, he went to school on my bike and then he was gone. At lunch, he did came and that's because he was finding my classmates amusing since he could hear every whisper and sentence in the yard. One of the girls even said if he was a Royal or something. So I wasn't the only one to think that. One girl had even come and tried to hit on him before I went there. And when he saw me, he just excused himself, came to me and kissed on my forehead. Since last night after he told me he can't kiss me, he had been kissing my forehead and hands mostly.

After the last bell rang, I was pulled up at La Push. Jacob came out. Did he look...angry? Along with Embry and Quill.

"Where is Seth?" I asked because I was mad. "I need to talk to him."

"He can't come right now," Jacob hissed. "He is busy."

I scoffed and looked at Embry. He was the closest to me after Seth and Jacob. "Where is he?"

Paul and Seth came out before anyone else could say anything.

"Do you want to tell me something?" Seth asked coming to me. Jacob and others stepped back a little but all of them looked angry.

"Do you?" I said stepping towards him.

"You let that bloodsucker come to your house after I left?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. I wanted to punch something. "I needed to know about them."

"There are the Cullens," Embry said.

"Do not speak between us," I pointed a finger between us.

Embry tried to take a step towards me but Paul held him back.

"He is right," Seth said. "Aren't you besties with Alice and Jasper? You could've asked them. But you had to ask for that particular bloodsucker."

"You do realize I escaped a death threat yesterday only because they agreed to let me spend some time with him first? Right?" I said. "They will come back later if I don't decide something and I will die."

"We are here to protect you," Seth said. "We will kill everyone if we need to."

I laughed because I was beyond mad. "Right, kill my 'mate' and his family. Then what? We live happily ever after?"

"Yes," he said. "What's your problem?"

"Oh, let me see," I said gritting my teeth together. "My problem is I can't wake up every day wondering if my boyfriend found his imprint and leaves me forever."

Everyone was angry a second ago but everything changed with my last line. Paul put his hand over his eyes. Embry bit his lip and looked away. Jacob opened his mouth but didn't say anything. Seth's anger was replaced with guilt and regret.

"Who told you that?" Seth asked slowly.

"Does it matter?" I asked. "You didn't imprint on me. You knew you will move on when you imprint on someone else. But you," I pointed my finger at him. "You knew and led me on." My voice cracked at the end.

"Babe, I can explain," he reached out to hold my hand.

I jerked backwards. I blinked to hold my tears. I knew I cheated on him. I was the one who kissed Demetri and not the other way around. I was ashamed but I did that because he had always told me the truth. Sure, he hid about his species but that's because of rules. Seth didn't have that kind of rules, especially after when I already knew about them.

"Don't come near me ever again," I said moving backwards. I looked at Paul. "You knew this was going to happen, right?"

He nodded his head sadly. "Alex, I am so sorry for being rude and the accident happened because of me, but it was bound to happen. I am sorry I didn't tell you."

"It's okay," I said. "It wasn't your place to tell either." I looked at Seth who was standing there crying. "I am done with you. Goodbye, Seth." With that, I turned but before I could take a step, Quill spoke.

"I have a question. It's okay for you to have a mate but not for Seth?" Quill said.

Before I could say anything else, Paul spoke. "It's not the same. She didn't have a clue about anything when she started dating Seth but he knew she wasn't her imprint and then suddenly a vampire comes and tries to be her partner. And I had been inside Seth and Jacob's head. She didn't like the vampire. Not at all. Isn't that right, Alex?"

"Yes," I said. "Yesterday a lot of things happened. I figured out they were vampires right before the Volturi came and I didn't have time to know about them. And that's why I asked him to come over. I am glad that I did because otherwise, I would have been living in a dream. And an honest nightmare is better than a false dream." I walked to my bike. My hand was perfect so I put on my helmet and looked at Paul. "Thanks, Paul. Looks like you're the only one who was actually looking out for me."

I didn't wait to see his or anyone else's reaction. I drove and hoped that I won't die from that speed.