Dull Heart Aches

After a match, which they won of course, the team decided to play truth or dare, just until Furihata finished showering as he spent the last hour putting things away.

Everything was going fine until it was Kuroko's turn to answer.

"Okay, here's a question. What was your relationship with Aomine" Koganei asked, confident in his question.

Everyone else turned to Kuroko expectantly. Both curious and afraid of what his answer would be.

"We were just friends" he answered casting his eyes downward, pulling his arms closer to his chest. "If that's what you're asking."

Koganei continued carefully, trying not to further upset Kuroko as that was not his intention.

"No I meant, what was your relationship like. What lead you guys to be what you are like now?" He questioned, trying to dig deeper into Kuroko's past.

The shadow rarely said anything about his life at teiko, this was the one chance he had.

While everyone was worried, thinking Kuroko would be angry, he rose his head up and responded.

His eyes glossed over with disappointment and shame.

"Meeting Daiki was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be your favorite" he said with a tone playfulness.

He then continued, a bit more a sorrowful. "But it got tiring. Putting effort into something with no payoff. Losing so much energy with nothing to replenish it."

"It was like eating spaghetti but no matter what you add to it, the taste is still bland and dull. After awhile, you didn't see the point into adding anything, knowing it would still taste the same"

Everyone looked at him with sympathy, feeling inclined to say something, until he went on.

"But even after it was dull and emotionless, it still hurt when he left. Even though we never dated or kissed eachother goodbye."

"I think it made it hurt even more. We never had the chance to make those memories, after a while the thought of what it could have been, what it should have been, eats you up inside"

"But I think the part that hurts the most is he could have apologized and I would have accepted it. He could have shown up again and I would have taken him back. He even could have lied, and I would have listened to it as if it was truth."

Kuroko, now failing to fight back tears, looked straight at Koganei with water streaming down his face and shoulders trembling.

"But....he didn't." He finally said in choked sobs. "And even after all this time, I still use all my energy making sure he doesn't destroy himself, the way he did me".

Kuroko finally let go of everything be was holding back as kagami quickly grabbed him.

Koganei felt guilty as Kuroko buried himself deeper into Kagami's jacket, hoping his worries and heart ache would get lost there.

You see a sharp heartache hurts, but you can heal and forget. But a dull heartache? Those ones last, always there, sitting, waiting to consume you.

And just when you think it's gone it shows back up. Not to mess with your head or destroy your life but just to remind you. Its there. And it always will be. Waiting to knock you down again.

All of Seirin looked at eachother with various looks of anguish, sympathy, worry, and anger.

Despite their various facial expressions and different reactions to Kuroko's confession. They all shared the same thought.

They looked at eachother and silently said

"Aomine will see no mercy"

And once the rest of the generation of miracles, excluding akashi, knew of how Kuroko felt. He would feel their wrath as well.

And although they have never seen them angry, Kuroko confirms that both kise and midorima are forces to be reckoned with when they are truly enraged.

And they planned to use that to their advantage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That is the end for this chapter, at least for now. I'm planning on future chapters showing their reactions especially midorima and kise. With kise's devotion and Midorima's extreme protection of Kuroko (despite him being tsundere) their reactions would be most ooc and entertaining. 

If you like this story leave a comment and maybe a suggestion for the next story! ( ^ - ^)!