Love (Platonic kikuro)

Tetsuya, do you remember the time we went to the carnival? Aominecchi pressured you to get on a ride you were scared of, and you wanted to hold my hand. I remember the looks, the gazes, stares of either pure delight or venom. They didn't know us or our story. They just saw two boys holding hands out of spite. They never saw the tears that were beginning fill your eyes.

Or what about the time I saw you at practice. I was ecstatic about seeing you for the first time in months so when you arrived- I reacted. The kiss was nice, warm, it reminded me how much I actually missed you. Of course they didn't see it that way, but I didn't care. The talk continued for weeks and they refused to believe that we were just friends but even then- the feeling never faded.

I know its hard for other people to understand. The kisses, the hugs, every late night we spend together talking for hours about our future. Every Saturday morning reserved for cereal and old cartoons- relishing in the nostalgia that reminds us of what we made together.

They will never no what it feels like. To be hopelessly in love but know it's only platonic. To have a relationship without a romance isn't acknowledged in our society but we make it work. I don't want to sleep with you but I don't love you any less. I don't want to be your husband but I still want to spend my life with you.

I promised myself when we met that I would only have eyes for you. To even think of another person would be replacing you as the most important person in my life and that would be a life not worth living.

Memories fade faster than the moment can pass but I am only a man doing the best I can to be the best I can to you. I refuse to think of things comprising the promise I made to you- to us- because you will always be the love of my life.