Chapter 2

...~...~...~...~...

After a short walk down the path, Amelia reached the secluded beach that was for Victor's use only.

She stood in the water, letting it wash over her exposed feet, she closed her eyes and breathe calmly, at this moment nothing existed, no Hunger Games, no Quarter Quell, and no President Snow. That's how it was when ever she came down to the beach, which was quite often.

The water also helped whenever she had the horrible feeling of pain from her nightmares. Finnick would take her down to the beach so she could relax, allowing the water to wash over her, and he would also find comfort in swimming around while keeping an eye on Amelia, sometimes dragging her in with him.

Amelia walked along the waters edge until she reached a swing that hung from a palm tree, dangling over the water.

It was hung there by Finnick when he found out that Amelia used to have one, and would spend most of her time on it. Amelia would bring Annie down so she could relax and it helped her more often than not.

Sitting on the swing, feet floating in the water and the wind blowing through her hair. The moment would have been perfect, if only the memory of the Quarter Quell didn't rush back to her. Amelia grew worried, what if Annie had to go back? She wouldn't be able to handle it. What about Mags? She isn't as young as she used to be. Finnick? He is the only surviving male Tribute left, he could win, but what if he didn't? And then there was Amelia.... What would she do? she would no doubt get hurt and be in pain, so what was she supposed to do? She couldn't live without Finnick and she wouldn't be able to live with herself if she didn't do anything for her 'family'. She had to do something.

The feeling of dread seeped through her body, her lungs felt as if something was squeezing them. The pain brought tears to her eyes, she tried her best to keep her breathing calm.

She didn't want anyone to die, she didn't want to lose the ones she loved. She wouldn't be able to bear that.

...~...~...~...~...

The living room was a complete mess by the time Finnick broke out of his rage. He looked around at the destruction, paintings off walls, glass shards everywhere and furniture turned upside down. Finnick was dreading cleaning it all up and would have to try to keep Amelia away since she would no doubt try to help and cut herself.

Thinking of Amelia broke his train of thought, where was she? Finnick looked around like crazy, trying to find her, she wasn't in her room and wasn't in the kitchen. Did he hurt her? Where was she?

"Amelia!?" Finnick called out but didn't get a reply, he started to panic. After looking everywhere in the house, marking more of a mess, Finnick headed out to the back of the house still calling out, thinking she might have gone down to the beach, Finnick ran down the thin pathway until he reached the sand.

Calling out again, Finnick ran down along the water until he saw Amelia on the swing, tying knots with her rope bracelet he made her after she survived her Games.

Breathing a sigh of relief at not seeing her hurt and safe

Breathing a sigh of relief at not seeing her hurt and safe. Finnick walked into the water until he was behind her, he laid his head on her back and wrapped his arms around her waist.

Amelia knew he was coming up behind her, so she didn't jump when he hugged her. Amelia's tensed body relaxed when his warm arms wrapped around her, her worries decreased and she concentrated on his breathing.

"I'm sorry, love. I shouldn't have lost control like that." His voice broke the silence. Amelia shook her head as she turned her body until she was sitting sideward on the swing.

"You have every right to get mad, don't worry." Her soft voice would have been hard to hear if it wasn't for Finnick's trained ears.

"Are you alright? I didn't hurt you?" He questioned, his arms still around her waist, but now had his head resting on hers. Amelia whispers no, much to Finnick's relief,"What about with the....announcement?" He had to ask, he needed to know how she was handling it.

"I'm scared, I don't want everyone to die," Her voice cracked with the strong emotion she was feeling, "What are we going to do?" Though she knew there wasn't anything they could do, only wait.

"I don't know, love. I just don't hope you don't go back in there." Tightening his hold on her, bringing her body closer to his, as if that was going to protect her.

...~...~...~...~...

After spending an hour at the beach, the two young adults returned to their home. As Finnick predicted, Amelia tried to help clean the mess, but was quickly guided out the front door by Finnick, he told her that he had it sorted and that she should check up on Annie to see how she was handling the news.

At the mention of her fellow Victor, Amelia raced over to the next house, scolding herself for not thinking of the poor girl in this situation.

...~...~...~...~...

Amelia found Annie curled up into a ball on the ground, crying hysterically. Mags was by her side trying to comforter while dealing with her own haunting thoughts. Amelia rushes over and repeated her actions from earlier that day, bringing Annie onto her lap. She started to stroke her hair, giving Annie all the attention she needed until she fell asleep.

Looking towards Mags, she felt a tear slide down her face. Mags looks twice her age at that moment. Amelia couldn't let either of the women in her life go back into that Arena. Amelia had made up her mind at that moment. It didn't matter if she was terrified or reluctant to do anything that might cause her immense pain and torture. She was not going to let her friends die.

She was going back into the Games.

—————
(Update 2.July.22)
-1034 words-