Chapter 5

...~...~...~...~...

As soon as the train stopped, the Tributes were guided out past the screaming crowds, into an expensive car and driven to the building where they would be prepped for the Tribute Parade.

Amelia and Finnick were split before they could even place two feet on the ground ,much to their discomfort. But before they were too far apart Finnick called out to her, saying he would see her soon followed by a reassuring smile, though his eyes were filled with uncertainty. Amelia took those words to heart, and breathed deeply to try and push down a wave of Anxiety that threatened to appear, she hadn't been on her own since her Games, always with Finnick, or when he had to come to the Capital, she would be with Mags and Annie.

She was led through the building, down hallways and through doors, all were painted white or grey. Being in the Capital where she knew how the people dressed in such outrageous colours and patrons, even went as far as to decorate their houses just to match their outfits, it unsettled her to be surrounded in the definition of 'simple'. She was pulled from her thoughts as she was guided up to a door that was labelled 'District 4-Female'.

Just as the Peacekeeper twisted the handle, the door was flung open and a blur of colour shot out at Amelia, and a familiar voice filled her ears.

"Oh sweetheart! how I have missed you! look at you, you're gorgeous! Just how I remember you!" The man continued to ramble on, gushing over her hair, skin and face, while flinging his arms around.

Cosmos was exactly as she remembered him, personality and all. He still had his Galaxy dyed skin and white hair -though she noticed he had shaved the sides- and he still dressed up in brightly coloured suits and wore his signature silver bow tie.

He had been Amelia's stylist for her Games, but had retired as soon as it had ended, and while he would send check up letters to her, they hadn't seen each other since. Amelia had adored him the moment they meet, feeling just as comfortable around him as anyone else from her District, and while he had the image of a Capital citizen, he sympathise with everyone suffering in the Districts and wishes to help other, he was a very kind and caring man behind the makeup and fancy suits. 

Thinking of their meeting brought the question of why he was back, from what he expressed to Amelia, he made it clear that he didn't want to dress children up for slaughter. Not his exact words but she understood them well enough.

Noticing her questioning look, Cosmos smiled sadly and shook his head.

"No sweetlin', I'm only here for this one Game." He scooped up her hands and swung them side-to-side. "I came back for you, dress you up and made you beautiful! -Not that you aren't already of course!" Amelia could see his eyes start to water. "Oh! sweetheart! you shouldn't have to go back, you should be on the beach, with little baby's everywhere!-" He continues to gush about what her babies would look like and how many she would have. Amelia's eyes held adoration as she looked at her dear friend, she began to imagine herself with a child, it was nothing but a pipe dream now.

The sound of a throat clearing stopped Cosmos rambling. The Prep team had let the two reunite but had gotten impatient waiting and didn't want to waste too much time as they didn't know how much work they had to do on Amelia.

"Right, Right! Got to get you ready, you go with them and get cleaned up and then! We'll get you in your dress!" He kissed both of her cheeks and hurried out the room, leaving Amelia at the hands of her prep team.

"Come along Amelia, we have everything ready for you." One of the females said walking over towards the young women. "We were made aware of your... condition and will do our best not to hurt you too much." The woman guided her to the raised bed and gently pushed her to lay down.