Chapter 6

...~...~...~...~...

Amelia sat on the windowsill in her room, eyes vacant as they barely took in the blur of vibrant blobs clashing against the grey streets far below.

Her room was silent, unnervingly so, as she sat in the familiar state. She could tell that she was alone on her District floor, she didn't know where everyone went. She was too far into her mind to have heard Elora call out hours ago, announcing where she and Mags were going.

It was at times like these that Amelia wouldn't talk or acknowledge anyone, sit for hours not eating and barely even blinking.

It had been a while since her last episode, a couple months at least. Finnick had helped her through many in the past and was the main factor in them stopping.

A loud bang from Finnick's room next door brought Amelia back to the present. She stared at the wall for a moment until another bang  cut through the silence again.

She pushed herself up from the window and crept quietly to her door, when she opened it slightly she could see that all the lights were off in the apartment, except for the room down the hall.

Amelia slowly made her way to Finnick's door and pushed it open, the sound of water running reached her ears. She followed the light into the bathroom.

There she found Finnick, sitting on the floor of the shower, dressed in a soaked button down shirt and black pants. His arms were red raw from where he scratched and scrubbed away at them.

Amelia slowly walked up to him, making small noises to alert him that she was there. She reached for the tap to turn it off, skimming the water as she did and noted that it was ice cold.

Amelia crouched down in front of Finnick, gently placing her hands on top of his that had been pulling at his hair and bringing them down before releasing one so she could move his wet hair from his eyes.

Now that the water had stopped, Amelia could tell that Finnick had been crying as fresh tears escaped his eyes. Amelia reached outside the shower and picked up a soft, warm towel from the heating-rack.

She wrapped it around Finnick, softly patted him down, all the while he sat not moving, allowing her to help him.

When he stopped shaking and became more responsive, Amelia stood up and left the bathroom, going into the wardrobe.

Not paying much attention to what she was grabbing, knowing that it would all fit Finnick anyway, she went back into the bathroom and placed the clothes on the counter before leaving once more, closing the door behind her.

...~...~...~...~...

Finnick exited the bathroom dressed in the clean clothes and sat next to Amelia on the bed, he picked up one of her hands and placed a kiss on it.

"Thank you." He whispered, looking at her with sad eyes. Amelia laid her head on his shoulder, squeezing his hand.

Finnick continued to watch her, wishing things could be different, wishing he could go back to when he first saw her all the years ago, wishing he could have man up and talked to her so he could have more time to know her, maybe they would of been married by now, not dancing around each other, fearing what would happen if they tried.

Finnick's brows frowned as he continued to think about how there was so little time left, just a week, how their lives/deaths were set in stone. If he was going to do anything, he better do it now.

He squeezed Amelia hand gently, gaining her attention, she lifted her head from his shoulder and turned to him.

"Let's go to the roof, get some air."

...~...~...~...~...

Stepping onto the roof, the couple were met with screaming winds cutting into their ears and hair flying into their eyes, though it was worse off for Amelia, with her hair length.

Finnick had to give a weak chuckle at Amelia's failing attempt to contain the wild mess of brown curls. He slid the rope bracelet from her wrist and gathered up her hair, tying it up with it.

He grabbed her hand again and walked to the far corner of the roof, where he knew was a blind spot from the cameras, he helped Amelia onto the ledge before hopping on himself.

They both sat, saddling the ledge facing each other, barely a foot apart.

"He said this was the last time," Finnick broke the silence between them, taking a deep breath, looking at Amelia and noting that she was confused,"No more... 'Clients'. Said I have to focus on the Game now." He scoffs, but relieved all the same.

Amelia didn't know what to feel. Happy he wasn't forced to do 'that' anymore, but sad that the only reason for it was because of the Games. She had no doubt that if Finnick won this Game, Snow would make him do it again, more than he already had because Finnick will be even more desirable. Amelia just settled for being happy.

"I'm sorry," Finnick finally blurred out, causing Amelia to turn to him,"I'm so sorry, I've been so stupid." His voice broke as his lips began to tremble.

Amelia shook her head, placing both her hands on either side of his face, very much confused at his sudden confession.

"I guess I just thought we had time, that.... maybe something would change and we could be together without fear of Snow killing someone we love. Looking back.... I was stupid to even think anyone of us had a chance at a happy ending. If I had known we would be forced to go back.... I would have told you my feeling years ago I-" Finnick choked up, tears spilling down his face, Amelia's were tearing up as well, understanding what Finnick was trying to say.

"God! I love you so damn much Amelia Jane Tompkins! I should have told you, all this time.... I kept my feelings in, even knowing you felt the same..." He paused as Amelia nodded in confirmation,"....Now all we have is a week.... maybe I'm saying this now because there's nothing more Snow can do to stop us.... or maybe because only one person is going to leave that arena, but I know I would of regretted not saying anything to you the moment I die." He wrapped his arms around her waist, leaning his head down to hers.

"I love you." He whispered, just loud enough for her to hear over the wind. Feeling lighter now that he finally said those three words.

"I love you too." She whispered back, the largest smile he had ever seen graced her face and in that moment, even with her eyes red from crying and her hair looking a mess, to Finnick, he had never seen such a beautiful woman ever in his life then the women he loved before him.

His eyes flickered down to her lips and back up to her eyes, asking her permission, when he received a nod, Finnick moved his face towards hers until their lips finally met...and the world around them faded away.

There was no sound of the wind, but the sound of their hearts beating in their ears.

There was no chill from the night, but the warmth from each other's bodies.

The only thing the couple could care about right then, was the person in their arms.

—————
(Old A/N)
*Sorry!
I know it's been months (a year,wink,wink!) since I updated, had writer's block. Next one should be out soon. May get a little Ooc in it.
I would also like to say that I know there's a lot of crying, like a lot. But I feel that Finnick would be emotionally unstable, all the tributes really, but especially Finnick because of killing and winning the games at a young age then being forced into prostitution, I'm sure that would take out a lot on a guy. So that's my reasoning and the fact that when thinking about adding Oc's to story's, I like to think people would Ooc (Out Of Character) because we (at least I, personally) acted different with different people so I like to take that into account when writing about existing characters and thinking of how they would act with my Oc's. I just thought I would clear that up.
Happy New Year's!*

—————
(Update 2.July.22)
-1424 words-