Chapter 4

...~...~...~...~...

Silence....

No one knew what to do, certainly not cheer. This was the young women that suffered, that was basically tortured for the whole of Panem to see. The sweet women that did nothing but help people, that gave everything to others even when she lost so much.

Everyone in District 4 knew of Amelia, what she endured, they never thought that it would be her that returns to the Games, they knew that this time, she would not make it back home.

Amelia felt slightly light headed, she knew that this is what she wanted, she knew that if it wasn't her name that was called, she would of Volunteered. But now that it was happening, she felt fear fill her body, her nightmares coming true. Soon she'll be in the cold Arena, lying on the floor paralysed with pain, waiting for that dreaded canon to sound.

Amelia took a deep, shaky breath. She started to move forward but a movement from the corner of her eye stopped her. Mags had started to lift her hand, planning to Volunteer for the girl she called a granddaughter, but Amelia's hand on her arm halted her objective.

Everyone watched in silence as the young women held the elder's hand in her own, she brought the wrinkled hand to her chest and placed it over her heart, an action often repeated by Mags, it meant many things but to the four that were forced on stage, it was a sign of love, that the other will alway be in their hearts.

Amelia then brought the withered hand to her lips before softly bringing it down again. She leaned in closer to her grandmother figure and planted a sweet kiss on her cheek. The young woman stepped back, lifted her left hand and Signed 'thank you' to the teary eyed women.

Amelia then proceeded to make her way to the sad Escort, doing her best to not break down in front of Panem.

"There we are! This year's Tributes for the 75th Hunger Games!" Elora announced, she motioned for the two to shake hands, but instead of doing so, the new Tributes pulled each other into a tight hug. Finnick could feel his self control slipping as he listened to Amelia's uneven breathing, obviously trying not to cry in front of the cameras.

Elora began to clap, expecting the crowd to do the same as they have every year, but there was nothing but silence.

District 4 stared at Amelia, moved by her actions, this year was going to be different, they all could feel it.

"Well...um...now that-"Elora was cut off by a group of Peace Keepers stomping onto the stage, towards the new Tributes,"Now what are you doing!?" The Escort demanded as the man in white latched onto the confused couple, dragging them into the Justice Building,"Wait a minute! This isn't over!" The women's words went unnoticed, as she stormed after the group.

...~...~...~...~...

The Peace Keepers finally let go of the Tributes when they reached the train, they shoved the pair inside and closed the door, leaving the two confused adults alone. They could hear their Escort screeching outside, demanding what was happening and that 'this wasn't according to the schedule!'

Finnick quickly ignored the crazy women and centred his attention to the love of his life, he could already feel his eyes watering as he gazed at the small woman who was already drenched in tears.

"Why?" His voice cracked,"Why does it have to be you?" He pulled her to him, wrapping his arm around her tightly,"Not again...''Then he broke, salty tears streamed down his face and a sob tore from his throat, no even trying to hold his Capital image in her presence, even with the change of someone walking in on them.

They stood for a minute, lost in their emotions. Amelia then started to drag Finnick down the hall into one of the bedrooms, even though she was in that same state as Finnick, she knew that no one could see him like this, not even Elora or the Peace Keepers, Finnick had to uphold his image, if word got out about this then no one would root for him in the Arena.