Chapter 9

...~...~...~...~...

It was the day of the interviews, all the occupants of floor 4 sat down at the dining table like usual, the two Tributes had agreed before joining the others, that they wouldn't hint at anything about an uprising just yet. They both would like to get more information before they bring in their friends. They also had no idea where the Capitol people at the table would stand, would they side with them or the enemy?

After they finished their meal, everyone gathered on the expensive sofa, Elora going over the usual daily plan and the typical questions that could be asked at the interview, even when all who were present knew how it all went.

Perhaps she wanted to treat it like it was any year, Amelia thought, where the Tributes were randomly selected children and not someone who Elora knew and formed a relationship with. That instead of the loss of glory for her represented District, it would be the grief of a lost friend/s.

Once all was said about the interview, they moved onto talking about the other tributes and alliances. Finnick brought up the chance of an alliance with Katniss and Peeta, which got Elora excited.

"How wonderful! You all will be the most sought after to sponsor with Peeta and Katniss both scoring 12 points. The first ever!" She stated.

"They did?" Finnick questions, almost surprised,"they do like to make history, don't they."

"That's right, You two didn't watch the scoring last night. You Finnick got a high score of 10. However you, my dear Amelia, got a low score of 3." Cosmos said before taking a sip of brightly coloured drink.

It wasn't a surprise to anyone what they scored, Finnick had done as well as his Game and Amelia scored as low as hers, complete opposite in skill and talent.

"No shock there," Finnick winked at Amelia, teasing her, knowing her lack of care towards her points,"though it isn't a surprise they gave 12 the top scores, after what they pulled last year. They are no doubt trying to paint a target on the love birds backs."

"Mm-hmm, no doubt at all!" Cosmos agreed, shaking his head. Amelia took this well, for he hadn't defended the Capitol or Snow.

They sat and talked until lunch then were escorted by Peacekeepers down the elevator and then backstage where they were both to be prepped for the night.

"Over here honey!" Cosmos waved to Amelia at his station behind some curtains,"it's time to get you all dolled up!"

As Amelia stepped onto a raised platform, Cosmos's assistants closed the curtains, giving the five of them privacy.

"Now as much as I would have loved to get you in a white dress to portray your pure and loving heart, like we always do. Cinna had asked -quite nicely- if we forgo the white, and for that man.....I would do anything!" Cosmos winked at her while moving a dress bag onto a hook in front of her,"so! I was thinking of a new direction! You shall be the beauty of the sea! The maiden of water!" He goes on with his dramatical flair while unzipping the bag, once the dress is revealed, he waves his hand as he presents it,"you will be a mermaid!" He exclaimed.

Amelia gazed at the garment, it was beautiful. A floor length large sequinned dress with spaghetti straps. The sequins shifted from pink to purple, then blue.

"It's beautiful Cosmos." She praises him for his wonderful design.

One of the girls went up and unhooked the dress as the other assistants undressed Amelia. The dress was slipped over her head and down her slim figure.