Chapter 7

...~...~...~...~...

The next morning the pair walked into the dining room in better spirits than the morning before and it didn't go unnoticed.

"You two look radiating!" Cosmos exclaimed, sharing a glance with Bexley.

"Thank you, Cosmos" Finnick smiles, he starts placing food on his plate. Amelia blushes and ducks her head.

"Well! It's good to see you two ready for the day. As you know, training today." Elora said, always one for schedules

They all continued to eat with small conversations here and there until it was time for the couple to get ready to leave.

...~...~...~...~...

Stepping out of the elevator into the training room, Finnick and Amelia split up and went to their preferred stations, weapons and survival.

Amelia began at hunting traps, her weakest skill, then worked her way down the rows.

It was not long until lunch break when the female tribute from 12 came up from behind her while she was making fishing hooks.

"It's beautiful." The teen said awkwardly, shuffling towards Amelia.

The woman stiffened at the sudden voice behind her and peeked behind, she relaxed when she saw who it was. Amelia gave a shy smile and a quiet 'thank you'.

"I, ah, saw how you didn't let that woman volunteer for you," Katniss started,"That was brave." Amelia smiles sadly and shakes her head, pointing to Katniss.

"You were brave." She whispers, indicating to the reeping the year before.

"Prim is my sister." She clarifies. Amelia's heart breaks for her, it made sense now.

"If you, um...." Katniss steps closer, hoping to change the subject,"If you could teach me how to make a fish hook like that, I could teach you how to hunt?" She bargained.

Amelia smiles at her and nods, she gestured to Katniss to stand next to her and grabbed extra materials then proceeded to teach her the craft of her District.

When Katniss finally got the hang of it, the two walked toward the new simulation room. Katniss picked up a quiver of arrows and slid it over her shoulder, she picked up a bow and held it out to Amelia.

"Do you want to try with me?" She asked. Amelia nervously shook her head and gestures for the teen to go first.

"Okay," Katniss chuckled at the women, who looked at the weapon as if the object was going to attack her itself,"I'll go first."Katniss stepped into the room and the simulation started, she instantly drew people in with her skills.

Finnick stepped up behind Amelia, resting a hand on her hip to announce his presence. She looked up at him and they shared a look, they were both impressed and frightened by her.

When Katniss finished her bow training, it was time for lunch. Some tributes went back to their stations to finish what they were doing while a small group made their way to the cafeteria as soon as the announcement was made, Amelia being one of them. She walked past Finnick who had a handful of throwing knives that he had been throwing at targets before watching Katniss. Finnick looked back at her and gave a goofy smile, he winked at her before throwing a knife without looking and it hit the bullseye. Amelia smiled at his obvious attempt at flirting, she brought her hands up in front of her and gave a small, barely audible clap, to which he comically bows at before turning back to the targets and throwing another.

When Amelia entered the cafeteria, she noted that everyone that had left for lunch sat at their own table except some that stayed with their own district partner. Amelia frowned, seeing as how most in this room were friends with one-an-other, the Game were dividing them.