Chapter 8

...~...~...~...~...

Finnick and Amelia walked into a dark room with bench seating, along with the other Tributes. They all had to wait until they were called to have a private assessment on their skills.

Amelia hadn't thought of anything for her to do to impress the Capital men that will be scoring them, in all honesty she didn't care for the scores, they were only in place to gather sponsors and if what Elora said was true then she and Finnick wouldn't have to worry about getting scores because they both have a large group of people waiting to sponsor them.

The pair from 4 sat in an empty spot, both looking at the people around them, some were talking to their District partners quietly or were just sitting in silence. Finnick turned to Amelia and began to Sign.

'Nervous?' Amelia shrugged slightly.

'A little, though I know I don't need to be."

'Do you know what you're going to do?'

She shook her head.

'Not really, I think I'll just sit at one of the stations, maybe play with rope'

Finnick smiles at her and takes her hand and holds it in his, just as the first Tribute was called out.

Eventually it was Finnick's, then Amelia's turn, she did what she said and sat at the rope station and made a fishing net until it was time for the next Tribute.

She met up with Finnick and went back to their floor, they stayed up there until dinner where they planned with Elora and Mags about the next couple of days and other important things that had to do with the Games.

After dinner the lovers left the apartment and headed up to the roof once again, feeling as if that was the only spot they felt comfortable being.

They saddled the ledge like before but this time Amelia turned around and leaned back into Finnick's chest, and they talked. Anything that came to mind they said out loud to the other. It wasn't long until Amelia got to telling him what happened in the elevator after the opening ceremony with Johanna, having forgotten to tell him before. Finnick snorted out a laugh when she described what the three other occupants' faces looked like.

It wasn't until the sound of the door opening brought their attention off each other.

The couple turned to see District 12 mentor walk onto the roof.

"Elora said you'd be up here." Haymitch said as he walked up to the pair and stood before them.

"Haymitch," Finnick greeted, keeping his arm around Amelia,"To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"Wanted a little chat with you two...about the games." This got the two's full attention, they both nodded for him to continue,"well to start off, Katniss would like to ally with Amelia."

Said women turned her head to look up at Finnick, they had a silent conversation with their eyes before Finnick faced the older man.

"Could we get back to you on that?" It wasn't a discussion they wanted to decide on the spot.

"Of course! Just get back to me before game time." Haymitch jokes, Finnick appreciates the joke for what it was with a twitch of his lips.

"There was something else you wanted to say?"Amelia spoke up, shocking the man, who for the whole time of knowing her, had not personally heard her speak before.

"There was..." he said, almost hesitant to which they picked up on,"How do you two feel about the Capital?" He decided to begin with that.

Amelia and Finnick both raised a brow at the question, not expecting that of all things to come out.

"I think that's an obvious answer." Finnick answered for both of them, a question undertone. Haymitch nodded his head in understanding.

"Things are....changing," he began,"there's an...uprising of sorts."

"Against that Capital?" Finnick questioned, shock drowning his features as well as Amelia's.

"Yes. We are planning to use this in our favour to stop the Games." He moved over to the ledge in front of Amelia and leaned against it.

"We?" The other male questioned, eyes narrow in suspicion.

Haymitch looked at the couple, contemplating whether to tell them more information, it wasn't like they were going to spill the beans to their mutual enemy.

"Heavensbee...."The older man said slowly, eyeing their reactions.

"Heavensbee? As in Plutarch Heavensbee? The head Gamemaker in charge of making our last moments alive a living hell. That Heavensbee?" Shock and anger were clear to see on Finnick's face. Amelia placed her hand on his, hoping to calm him and Haymitch lifted a hand and made a calm down gesture.

"Yes, that Heavensbee, he's on our side, trust me. Think about it, he's the best ally. He has power and can get close to Snow, get information that can help us. He can keep you alive in the arena and get you out. Plus he's the only one that can get in contact with 13-" Haymitch was cut off by Amelia.

"13? Wh- um as in... District...13? She questioned earning a nod.

"The one that was blown up?" Finnick cut in.

"Yes, many were able to survive. They are the backbone to the uprising." Haymitch felt he was giving a lot more information then he was intending. "I'll leave you to think about it, and the alliances. Katniss became a symbol of sorts after last year's Games, more people have been joining the uprising after it. It's important to get her out alive." With that the man stood up and left the couple with the heavy burden on their shoulders.

...~...~...~...~...

The lovers returned to their floor, questions flooding their minds. They hadn't said much since Haymitch left, too occupied with running over what they heard. They agreed to think about it more tomorrow as it was mostly a free day besides the interview.

Their apartment was quiet, everyone gone or sleeping. The two went to Finnick's room, crawled into bed and laid in silence, staring up at the dark ceiling.

Amelia thought back to their conversation. Was it all true? Was there really an uprising against the Capitol? Could they actually do it, win against their terrorisers?

Be free from the Games, free from slavery. A peaceful life with the man she loved, marry him like she had always dreamed. She could only imagine the possibility there would be if they joined the rebellion and won. It wasn't like there were any consequences against them if they joined and failed, they already accepted their deaths and lack of future.

Amelia turned to Finnick, who already drifted off to sleep. She traced his features gently with her fingers, admiring his beauty. A normal life with this man would be a dream come true. It was just a chance, even if it was an impossible one, it was still a chance...

...and she wanted to take it.

—————
(Old A/N)
*Hi, been awhile hasn't it?
Sorry about that.
I honestly don't like how this chapter came out, I have been really stuck on it. I wanted to have an interaction with Finnick, Amelia and Haymitch about the alliance and getting them to help get Katniss out, but I really didn't know how to do it.
I'm hoping the next chapter will be easier, fingers crossed. 🤞
I hope everyone is doing ok with everything that's going on and is being safe and responsible. ❤️*

—————
(Update 2.July.22)
-1248 words-