CHAPTER 23

The boy had washed up, it took him 20 minutes though, then Cordelia gave him an old t-shirt that Pierce didn't fit into, some undergarments, and a pair of shorts. He put them on and came out of the bathroom.

Cordelia could tell what his facial features looked like now that he didn't have all that dirt on him. His hair was more of a dirty blonde color, his once obsidian colored eyes didn't seem so dark, more of a dark brown color, and his skin wasn't all that much lighter without the dirt. He was just as tan as Pierce was or maybe a shade or two darker. And he wasn't as thin as she was led to think. The clothes on him were just big on him. He was an awkward and kind of lanky. But he did seem strong.

Cordelia sat in Pierce's seat while the boy sat on the couch, still twitching and shifting under her gaze. She tried to give him an unforgiving look, because he had killed three innocent people. But she felt bad because he had just started puberty.

Puberty for werewolves, was hard. That's when their inner wolf comes out and it's hard to control your inner wolf once it comes out and it takes up to two or three months to do so.

"What's your name?" Cordelia asked him. He looked up at her. "Luka Douglas." He said. "That's a nice name." Pierce said as he and Alpha Benton walked in. Alpha Benton stood at the door while Pierce walked over to Cordelia and stood next to her and the chair protectively. He had let this kid kill someone of his pack and that made him hate himself more than the kid. But he wasn't going to let his guard down and have Luka attack his mate and unborn children. He was going to put his life out for them.

Luka shifted and looked down, feeling three pairs of eyes staring down at him. He hated that. Feeling cornered. He didn't mean to kill those people and he tried explaining himself to the lady while the way here. And twice on the way here, his wolf tried coming out but somehow he was able to semi push it down. It was hard to keep his wolf in check, though.

"Babe, could you go check on Olivia?" Pierce asked Cordelia and lightly kissed the top of her head. Cordelia looked up at Pierce. She could tell in his eyes that he didn't want her hurt. That if Luka couldn't control his wolf, than she wouldn't be in line of fire. She sighed, got up, and left the room.

Pierce walked around the desk at grabbed a chair and sat across from Luka. "Why'd you do it?" Pierce asked in a cold voice. Luka didn't look up at Pierce. After a few minutes, Pierce spoke again. "Luka. Look at me." Luka did as told and looked up at Pierce. "Why'd you do it? Kill those three people?" He asked again.

Luka shrugged. "I didn't want to, sir... I really didn't want to. I did my best to control my wolf. But I couldn't." He said and looked down at the floor. Pierce sighed. "Well whether you could control it or not, you still killed them. Do you think if your little melt down outside would've helped you escape punishment?" Pierce said, trying to control his anger. "Pierce." Alpha Benton warned. Alpha Benton knew all too well about pressing into someone while going through puberty wasn't the best idea. It could invoke their wolves and have their wolves come out without the person wanting to.

Luka lowly growled. He was trying his best to not let his wolf take control of him. But it was hard. "Luka. You know what happened was wrong. You're going to get punished. Puberty or not." Pierce told him.

"Olivia!" Cordelia called as little footsteps came running into Pierce's office. Alpha Benton quickly picked up Olivia just as Luka's wolf took him over and Luka changed. Pierce quickly changed and stood between the other three and growled at Luka. "No!!" Olivia called and wiggled out of Alpha Benton's arms. "Olivia!" Alpha Benton yelled but Olivia got between the two wolves.

"No! Don't hurt him! Daddy please!" Olivia cried and tried pushing away Pierce from Luka. "Olivia! Get back here!" Cordelia called. Olivia ignored Cordelia and looked up at Luka. Luka looked down at Olivia. Luka finally took control over his wolf and changed back. Luka started to cry. "I'm sorry, sir. I'm sorry." He said and fell to his butt and pulled his knees to his chest.

Olivia walked over to Luka and lightly pushed his knees away and slid into his lap. Pierce changed back and looked at the two kids. Olivia was whispering something to Luka and had his face in her hands. "Olivia. Sweetie. Come here." Pierce said softly and tried to coax her to him. But Olivia just looked at here. "No." She said and cuddled into Luka.

"He's my brother now." Olivia said. "I don't want him gone. I want him to stay."