Chapter 1

'Yo, freckles, I'm home!' Jean called from the front door, kicking off his work shoes and throwing his keys into the key bowl. He yawned and shrugged off his jacket, hanging it up. "I'm in the kitchen!" Marco yelled as he called back to Jean who in reply walked to his destination as he loosened his tie.

'Ooooh, you cooking again? Call the fire brigade.' Jean smirked and leant against the counter, watching him amusedly. 'What burnt delight do we have today, Marcy?' He leant over and picked up a small piece of cucumber from the already made salad. 'I'm not sayin that I don't appreciate you cookin or anything.' "I know, besides I'm making your favourite." Marco said smiling as he cut up more vegetables for the food.

'Oh god...ruining my favourite meal, oh Marco, how could you?' Jean grinned playfully and ate some more cucumber. 'So, how's your day been? You didn't have work today, did you? Do anything nice?' He asked as he chewed. "Well I read a book,cleaned the house, and even managed to wash your smelly socks." Marco replied back with a smile.

'Oh, come on, my socks aren't that bad! It's my boxers you gotta worry about.' Jean winked and laughed, eating some more of the salad. 'Making my food, cleaning my clothes. Having a roommate's like having a wife.' He chuckled. "I can just imagine what kinda trouble i'd have To deal with if that were the case." Marco said laughing despite the light blush on his face from the word wife.

Jean smirked and leaned over him to get some of the fish he'd cooked. 'Oh, you'd love it, freckles.' He laughed, lifting himself up and sitting down onto the counter, watching him amusedly. "I'm sure I will." Marco replied sarcastically as he turned to face Jean.

'What's that supposed to mean? Am I really that intolerable, darling?' Jean said the last word slightly sarcastically, grinning uncontrollably, 'What's wrong with me, hmm?' "Well...you always leave your clothes on the bathroom floor, you fight with Eren all the time, and I could go on." Marco said rolling his eyes.

'We don't fight, it's just a bit of playful banter. And the clothes thing...well, yeah, that's true. But I just forget, that's all. Simple mistake to make.' Jean chuckled and crossed his arms, sighing. 'But really, am I truly THAT bad?' He glanced at him, his head tilted to the side inquisitively. Marco chuckled lightly,"you might be a handful at times but I think it's nice. Besides it's nice to get some energy in this house. Before you moved in it was lonely." Marco replied as he put the vegetables in a pot and let the pot boil.

Jean blinked at him and blushed slightly. 'Well, yeah, that's obvious.' He laughed happily and reached over to ruffle his hair. 'Jeez, you must have these bloody things everywhere...' He lifted up his freckled arm and studied it, running a finger over them. Marco smiled,"yep, I sometimes find new ones." He said as he saw Jean studying the freckles.

'Like...you seriously have them EVERYWHERE?' Jean raised an eyebrow as he continued to study his arm curiously, turning it this way and that. 'Huh...interesting.' "Yep, and do you know what they say about freckles?" Marco asked with a sweet smile plastered onto his face.

Jean glanced up at him before looking back down at his arm and containing to study it. 'Hmm? No, what?' He took his hand in both of his own and played with his freckled fingers. "They say every freckle is the kiss of an angel." Marco replied as he waited to see Jean's reaction.

Jean jumped slightly and smiled up at him. 'You come out with the...weirdly cutest things, Marco. Or should I say, Saint Marco. Considering the amount of freckles you have, you must be pretty holy by now.' He chuckled, reaching over to lift up his shirt. 'Even in your bellybutton...cool...' He mumbled, studying his flat stomach. Marco ruffled Jean's hair softy,"thanks but I wouldn't consider myself a saint." He relied unfazed by Jean pulling up his shirt.