Chapter 3

Jean glanced over and smiled slightly, chewing on his lip as he turned back to the windscreen, not liking the weird feeling he was getting whenever he saw Marco's sleeping face.

Somehow when ever he saw Marco's face relax and hear his soft almost inaudible breathing he always got a fluttering feeling in his chest. It was similar to the feeling he got when he first met Mikasa but surely it had to be different. It couldn't mean the same thing for they were friends after all. Just close buddies. Nothing more than that at all...right? Jean took a right and kept driving trying to keep his attention on the road and not on Marco and anything else that could involve him. He still felt Kind've weird about how he blushed when he saw Marco's silhouette when they were in the bathroom. After all he's used to that sight when he goes to the gym.

Jean sighed exasperatedly as his mind kept reminding him about how he felt, not letting it go. 'He is a friend. FRIEND.' He whispered angrily to himself, glaring out of the front window before chancing a glance at Marco, which only made him blush more. He swore under his breath and gritted his teeth, not used to this weird feeling. After about 5 minutes he was relieved to see that they were in front of the library and Jean decided to park the car as close to the entrance as possible.

Jean undid his seat belt and turned to face Marco, shaking his shoulders gently to wake him up. 'Marcy, we're here sleepy head.' Marco gasped lightly when he woke up as he quickly sat straight up. "O-oh..? We're here already." He asked as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

Jean blinked at him, a little lost for words as he studied his face. He shook his head to clear his mind and forced a smile, patting his shoulder. 'We sure are. You can pick out as many books as you like, then we'll look for a film or two for tonight, yeah?' He said, hoping he didn't notice his strained expression. "Okay Jean." Marco smiled as he tried to unbuckle his seatbelt with fumbling fingers but he ended up struggling to opening the seatbelt.

Jean chuckled and took hold of his wrists, moving them out of the way as he unbuckled it for him. 'I'll come around and get you out. Is it okay for me to carry you on my back?' He asked before he got out. "Yes, it's been a while since I've gotten a piggyback ride." Marco replied with a weary smile.

Jean nodded and got out, taking deep breaths of the cool air to calm himself before he opened Marco's door and crouched down next to the car, facing away from him. 'Take your time, Marco. We're not in a rush.' He said kindly. Marco slid out if the car then wrapped his arms around Jean's neck and his legs around his waist as he relaxed against the mans back.

Jean blushed and kept his gaze down as he wrapped his arms underneath him to support him and keep him on his back as he made his way towards the entrance. 'How're you feeling after your nap?' He asked, trying to hide his blush. "I feel a little better." Marco mumbled into the collar of Jeans shirt

'I'm glad...so where do you want to start? What sort of genre do you prefer?' Jean glanced back at him, trying to ignore the feel of him on his back and gritting his teeth. 'The hell is this? It's like I'm getting turned on by him. That can't be right...' He thought worriedly to himself. "Can you take me to the comic book section? I promised Eren I'd get him some Deadpool comics that one time." Marco whispered into his ear when he noticed the librarian staring at them suspiciously.

Jean nodded and gave the librarian a dark look, not in the mood for confrontation. 'Sure. But I came here to get YOU books, not him.' He whispered back and stopped in front of the comic books. 'Here we go.' "You can put me down if you want, Jean I need to crouch down to see the titles anyway." Marco said; not noticing the surprised yet frightened look the librarian had on her face.

Jean tried not to let it show that he wanted him to stay on his back as he slowly let him slip to the floor, instead holding his waist with one arm, not quite wanting to let him go completely. 'Okay, just be careful.' "Don't worry I will." Marco assured him as he slowly crouched down to the floor to look through the the many titles they had before he found what he needed.