Chapter 7

Jean woke up the next morning with Marco's arm on his chest and his leg resting on his waist, meaning that he couldn't move much. He went to rub his eyes but hissed when he felt a pain in his shoulder. He glanced down to notice a deep bite mark next to where Marco's head was resting. He blushed as he realised he couldn't move that arm either, because Marco was lying on it. Jean laid thee watching Marco's sleeping become illuminated by the sunlight peeking through the blinds in his window as he watched him stir in his sleep.

Jean sighed quietly and yawned, trying to move his arm, without any success. He leant down and pecked his cheek softly, stroking Marco's leg which was on Jean's waist soothingly with his free hand. Marco muttered something under his breath quietly which piqued Jean's interest; causing his hand to faulted for a second.

Jean listened closer, leaning down slightly as he tried to make out what he was saying. He kept very quiet and chewed on his lip, wanting to know what he'd said. Jean wasn't sure want to think when he heard Marco whimper quietly into his shoulder.

Jean chewed on his lip, unsure whether to wake him or not, wondering if he was having a bad dream or a good one. He studied his face, searching it for the answer. Marco's brows were furrowed and his hands were clenched tightly; tears were starting to prick at the corner of his eyes and Jean couldn't help the sick feeling he got in his stomach at seeing such a distraught expression on his freckled face.

Jean quickly shook his shoulders with a worried and scared look on his face. 'M-Marcy! Wake up!' He shouted, his voice breaking slightly as his throat closed up due to his emotion. 'Marcy...please...' He whispered hoarsely. Marco nearly screamed at Jean's sudden yelling and he grasped his chest as he bolt upright. "Jean?! What're you doing, I nearly had a heart attack!" Marco asked as he tried calming down his frightened heart.

Jean's eyes filled with tears and he let go of him, shuffling away. 'S-Sorry...' He grumbled, looking down and turning his face away so he couldn't see it. 'You looked like you were having a bad dream, and I know what those are like...so I wanted to help you...' He whispered quietly, reaching up to rub his eyes to get rid of the tears. "Thanks Jean...I can't really remember what it was about but I know it was horrible." Marco replied quietly As he hugged Jean from behind.

Jean kept still and sniffed, rubbing his eyes again. 'It's fine, I guess it's better you can't remember it then.' He mumbled quietly, still shaking from Marco's screaming and shouting at him. Marco rested his head against Jean's shoulder,"Did I scare you?" Marco asked guiltily as he nuzzled Jean's neck.

'No...you just...I thought that I'd hurt you or made you angry at me...' Jean murmured, playing with the bed sheets as he took a shaky breath. 'Are you feeling better today?' He asked softly, reaching upwards with one hand to ruffle his hair lightly before letting his hand drop back down to his lap. "Yes, I feel much better, you can still carry me if you want." Marco smiled trying his best to lighten the mood despite the tense atmosphere.

'I'll do whatever you want me to do...' Jean replied quietly and turned around in Marco's arms till he was facing him, then leant forward to rest his head on his chest, listening to his heart beating. His hands were resting on his back, holding him close to himself. Marco held him tightly to himself,"Hey...Jean. I'm sorry for yelling at you, there's nothing you could do that'd make me angry." Marco quietly whispered into his ear as he pressed feather soft kisses onto Jean's temple.

'O-Okay...' Jean replied unconvincingly as his hands on his back tightened, pulling him close, scared that he was going to leave him because he'd made him shout, which he never usually does at all. 'Marcy...I love you...' He whispered sadly, still shaking slightly. "I love you too but you sound hesitant. Jean, don't you know you're everything I have? I didn't yell because I was angry I yelled because I was so scared." Marco replied as he felt Jean's body quiver slightly in his arms.