⦂ thirty-eight ⦂

later that night: alysha's pov

i sigh as i sit up in bed, unable to sleep as the constant thought of mine and simon's conversation swims around in my mind, destroying all my other thoughts.

the fact that i made simon, one of the only people that i feel comfortable with, upset makes me feel... sad. i didn't mean to bring up such bad memories, because... you know, i didn't know about all of that.

another sigh escapes my lips as i climb out of bed.

i throw on a baggy black hoodie, and my fluffy socks before making my way out my room to go and get a drink from somewhere.

"hopefully, i won't bump into anyone." i mutter quietly as i exit my room, making sure to close the door behind me quietly.

. . .

i manage to find a vending machine after walking around blindly in the dark for a while. i look around to make sure no one is watching me before putting my money into the machine, and saying which drink i want; a bottle of water.

i grab my drink, and just as i do, i hear footsteps coming my way. "fuck," i whisper to myself.

i look around to see if there's anywhere i can hide, but there isn't. all the nearby room will be locked. i sigh as i stand still, and wait for the person - probably a security guard - to see me, and to tell me off for being out of my room this late.

the person comes around the corner to reveal... "simon?" i whisper. "what're you doing up this late, aly?" simon asks. "i-i-i can't sleep, so i came to get a drink." i mutter. "why can't you sleep?" he asks as he leans against a nearby wall, once he's close enough to me. "i-i," i sigh, "it's just that i can't help but feel like i've upset you in some way." i admit. "oh aly," he says as he pulls me into a hug. i, of course, hug him back.

"listen, sure you brought back a sad memory, but i know you didn't mean to, i mean, you don't know my past." simon says as he rubs my back. "i know, but still, i feel bad." i mumble. "don't feel bad, aly," simon sighs, "now, go to bed please. it's late." "o-okay." i nod. "here, i'll even walk with you to your room, if you like." simon offers. i nod, "sure. thanks." "you're welcome." he smiles.

. . .

time skip: nobody's pov

"simon," alysha mutters as they finally get to her room. "yes?" he asks as he watches her open her room door. "t-this is gonna sound weird, but..." she begins as she turns to face him properly, "c-can you stay with me? i mean, every time i can't sleep when i'm home, my mum would stay with me until i fell asleep, so i was wondering if y-you possibly could." she asks, kinda embarrassed. simon quietly chuckles, "of course i can." "r-really?" alysha asks, stuttering slightly. "yeah," simon nods. "okay, thanks." alysha nods before walking into her room; simon follows closely behind, remembering to close the door behind them.

alysha climbs into her bed after throwing her socks, and hoodie off. she then pats the empty side next to her, signalling for simon to sit there. he nods with a smile as he happily sits next to her, on top of the bed covers.

. . .

alysha's pov

"you can come under the covers, you know." i smile up at him as i lie down. "okay." simon sighs as he climbs under the covers.

"i don't suppose i have to lie down as well, do i?" simon asks. i laugh quietly, "that's up to you." "well, do you want me to?" he asks. i shrug, "again, up to you. i don't mind."

i watch as simon happily lies down, and faces me.

"don't fall asleep, simon." i smile at him. "i won't. not yet anyway." he comments. i laugh, "good." 

i watch as simon reaches over and gently brushes my hair behind my ear, making me smile and blush a tiny bit. "it was nearly in your face," he mutters. "oh, thanks." i nod. "you're welcome." he sighs.

. . .

simon's pov

"can i ask you something, simon?" alysha asks. i nod, "sure." "do you believe in love at first sight?" she asks. "i guess," i shrug, "why?" "i don't know. i'm just having those random late night thoughts." alysha says. i lightly chuckle, "i see."

"simon," "yes, aly?" i ask. "do you have any secrets that nobody knows?" she asks. "of course i do. everyone does." i nod. "so, you have secrets that even your best friend doesn't know?" she asks. i nod, "of course." "like what? i'm curious." she asks. "why should i tell you?" i ask. "i'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours." she says. i sigh, "fine,"

"my friends don't know about me having a thing with that student i was telling you about earlier." i admit. "does anyone else know about that?" she asks. i shake my head, "nope. just me, you, that girl and her mum." "fuck dude..." alysha whispers.

"what's yours?" i ask. "i've had sex with a teacher from a different school, and weirdly his name was simon." she admits. "and no one knows that?" i ask. "nope. only me, you, and him." she shakes her head. "how old was you?" i ask. "it was a month before i came here, so seventeen." alysha sighs. "oh," i nod.

"also, weirdly, my first boyfriend was called simon too," alysha says. "you like your simon's then, do you?" i ask with a raised eyebrow. "i must do." she nods. i laugh, "cool."

"wait, wouldn't you mum go ballistic if she found out you had sex with a teacher?" i ask. "maybe. but saying that, when she was seventeen she had sex with one of her teachers behind her now ex-boyfriends back." alysha shrugs. "oh..." i simply say. "yeah," she sighs.