9

It was late that night and in the Gryffindor boys dorm, four lads were getting ready for bed. A few days had passed since their Hogsmeade visit, which meant that Halloween was just around the corner.

"Are you sure they'll come Padfoot?"

"Of course they are. I specifically told Moon to go, besides nobody can resist me" Sirius spoke confidently as he ran a towel through his hair.

"Except probably Noelle" Remus said putting down the book he previously read.

James laughed loudly and gave Remus a high-five "Now that - that was a good one"

"Rude" the grey eyed boy muttered pouting at his best mates.

"All jokes aside, will they be there?"

"I'm not sure Prongs" he frowned.

"I think they will" Remus said placing his book on his night stand.

"Why do you think so Moony?" the boy in the stripped pijamas only shrugged at his black haired friend.

"I was studying with Noelle and Lily today and they were talking about their costumes" he said nonchalantly as both Sirius and James looked at each other with widened eyes before jumping on him.

"What are they going as?!" they said at the same time with such excitement in their voice they could be mistaken for children.

"I don't know. Lily was going to tell me but Elle said it was a surprise"

"Goddamn it" only then did Pettigrew join the boys.

"Why do you want to know what they're going as?" James asked looking at Sirius curiously.

"No reason"

"Right"

"Anyways I'm off, night guys" Remus said turning his lamp off.

"Night" the rest replied before falling into a peaceful slumber.

A few hours later one of them woke up, for he could not sleep anymore. He walked to the bathroom to get his day started since there was no use in going back to sleep. After he took a shower and got changed he left the Gryffindor tower.

It was still dark outside and the air was cold, but he did not mind. He walked along the empty corridors, his mind not really there. For some reason his thoughts screeched to a halt when a sudden girl came to mind.

Noelle Moon.

He didn't know why he suddenly was so engrossed in getting her attention. It wasn't as if she were special right? But there was something so alarmingly familiar about her persona that he was drawn to her. It was as if she were always a step ahead of him, like she knew something that he didn't.

After she called him Snuffles after the Hogsmeade visit, he became scared, because he feared she would tell a teacher about him being an illegal animagus. He remembered questioning James and he saw how dumbfounded he was, before realization crossed his features "Now I get why in fifth year she made all these deer jokes. I thought she was just in the mood for them" Sirius had stared at him before hitting him. After James reassured him that Noelle was obviously no threat to them he began questioning how she even knew that they practiced illegal animagi.

As if fallen from the sky he saw no other than Noelle Moon infront of him.

Her back was to Sirius and he allowed himself to take her in. She wore spandex shorts, running shoes and a shirt that clung to her skin in a heavenly way. Sirius wanted to admire her for some more time but he knew that if she caught him he would only look like a creep. So, silently, he approached her and spoke in her ear.