44

The Moon family was known as a French matriarch magical family.

Their history remounts to have lived in Ireland in the 10th century until some of the family members moved to France later that century. Originally, it had been a patriarch magical family, that is until the husband left for war and died and left his wife to fend for herself and her family. Delphine Moon took charge and maintained her magical family in hiding, pretending to have been taught by her husband in the healing arts.

This was, of course, a lie.

Her husband was more brawn than brain and he wasn't even good in bed, so she was quite relieved when she didn't have to take care of a useless man. Delphine took the rains of raising her children and teaching the twelve of them the art of healing and fending for themselves with magic. They rapidly gained fame in their little town and became wealthy because of the high demands for the family remedies, so later on many wanted to marry their children to someone in the family. She started with her eldest, Colette, the tradition that any men that would be married into the family would bear the name of the Moon family. 

Fast forward to two centuries and Beauxbatons was founded, not only making the Moon family one of the first to ever attend the magical school, but the potions teacher was also a woman from the Moon family. 

The family carried on with the same tradition and at some point if a woman was married into the family, the men would be the ones to take on her surname. For years to come, the family prospered and were safe. 

Until Dragomir Ivanov came into the picture.

He had studied in Durmstrang and had taken a year to travel after graduating the school, so he found himself in a magical village, much like Hogsmeade, walking around when he saw numerous teenagers walking around in pale blue robes. However one female caught his attention, her being no other than Catherine Moon. She was tall, lean, not a blemish in sight and her hair was a strawberry blonde color and the boy was, for lack of a better word, distraught. He'd never seen anyone quite like her, of course there weren't many women in Durmstrang and, to him, most of them looked the same. Dark hair and dark eyes, sometimes a few scars in plain sight.

So he took to following her around the village.

Big mistake.

Catherine could seem like the gentlest of lambs, but truth be told she was one of the most fearsome witches to ever cross Beauxbatons. She was kind, of course, and she was undoubtedly beautiful, but she could've been mistaken for Salazar Slytherin's daughter with her wit, cunning, shrewdness and ambition. It also didn't help that, while she was smart, she could fool one by just her looks alone. It came as no surprise when Dragomir followed her into an alley to find no one there. Truth be told he didn't know why he was even doing it, but he was just curious. The curiousness vanished when he was stunned from behind before being lifted into the air by his feet. Still in the air he was turned around to be meet with green angry eyes. Two giggling girls behind the girl he'd been following.

"¿Qu'est ce que tu crois faire? "

Dragomir racked his brain trying to recall anything from the language, but he came up empty. A second later he remembered something and said to hell with it.

"Oui "

The girls behind the green eyed beauty laughed loudly, making the taller of the three snort a laugh. She shook her head, mirth in her eyes as she tried not to laugh.

"You've been following me."

He blinked a few times before nodding his head, which just look odd because he was upside down.