31

"That was foul play! What the actual fuck?!"

"Noelle don't you think you're getting a bit heated?"

"Smith was clearly blagging Sirius because he's on their seekers tail!"

"Speak to me in English please, I don't understand."

"Lily it means he had a hold of his broom as Sirius was aiming at their stupid seeker." Noelle grumbled and pouted as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Oh. Still, you don't have to get so angry over noth - HEY THAT FUCKING BITCH JUST HELD JAMES BROOM! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"You don't have to get so angry over nothing." Noelle mocked Lily resulting in the latter shoving her.

"Shut up."

"Oh I hate these ravenclaws, they're such bloody cheaters. I thought Nico had them under control but I guess they hate James that much - FUCK YES! WAY TO GO JAMIE! WOO!"

"I love James a lot, but when is this going to end? I want to go to Hogsmeade." Lily pouted as she folded her arms over her chest.

"I'm in the mood for some butterbeer. What about you Lils?" Noelle blew air onto her hands, it seemed that not even with gloves there was enough warmth.

It was already November, Sirius birthday having passed and all of their friends celebrating it big time. Soon students would leave the school to be with their families during the holidays, but their group of friends weren't some of them. They had decided they would stay, to spend their last Christmas at Hogwarts, together. They had even decided they would do a secret Santa. But that was the most interesting thing to happen yet.

Oh yeah, after the ball James asked Lily on a date and she said yes.

It really wasn't a shocker to them, they could see it coming, but people like Sirius were caught off guard when the couple said they were dating recently. This was the main reason why Sirius was 'angry' at James, because he hadn't been aware of any updates on their blooming relationship. On the other hand, Noelle had seen it coming all along. It's not like Lily could go on for hours talking about how 'arrogant' James was, she spent nearly as much time as James spent talking about Lily's hair color. 

This was the reason why Noelle never pointed the fact that Lily said she loved James a few seconds ago. 

But it was also the fact that Lily had been keeping a very close eye on Noelle, waiting for the right time to bring up their unfinished conversation from when they were at the ball. Noelle had been walking on thin ice ever since, she made sure not to seem suspicious whenever she left to see Sirius. It seemed as if they were both on constant watch by both of their friends. But whenever they met up they made sure other people were around so it just looked like two friends hanging out.

But that wasn't their case. 

"Yes! Finally, we caught the snitch. Now I can get some Christmas shopping done." Lily got up from the bench pulling Noelle with her. "Let's go get the boys so we can go to Hogsmeade before it gets too crowded. 

And they ran down the stairs of the bleachers to reach the celebrating team. James, at the sight of two of his favorite girls, smiled widely  and opened his arms just for Lily to crash onto him because she was cold. As soon as that happened she let go of him, for she realized he was sweating and he smelt awful at that.

"Oh Merlin, please get a shower quickly. We need to do Christmas shopping and Hogsmeade will be to the brim if we don't hurry up, so chop chop!" she clapped her hands and started directing both James and Sirius to the lockers. Before they fully entered Sirius threw Noelle an exasperated look to which she giggled lightly.