32

Lily looked at Noelle as if she could not recognize her. The girl looked around the room constantly, searching for something or someone. When her eyes didn't see what they wanted she would give a downcast look to the table in front of her, forgetting the piles of unfinished homework completely.

"Elle."

Noelle was snapped out of her little routine and looked at Lily.

"Hm?"

Lily took a deep breath before leaning over the table. "What's up? You've been looking around the library for the past 10 minutes and you've yet to start any of your assignments." She looked at her friend, worry in her eyes.

Noelle looked at her hands on top of the table and pulled on her fingers. Lily had seen that scene before. Once when they were younger, a little bit before they went home after their fourth year. Noelle was insecure and sad, and that was the beginning of her reflection this time.

"I-" she cute herself and gulped, closing her eyes before she made up her mind. "Can we talk?"

Lily didn't think twice before she nodded, gathered her things and left the library with Noelle beside her. The two girls made their way to a secluded place near The Great Hall.

When they sat down silence made itself present. Noelle looked down at her hands constantly and gulped whenever she opened up her lips to talk. Lily stared in pity, because whatever was bothering her friend must be something important to her.

"You know you can talk to me about anythi-"

"I think I'm in love with Sirius."

Lily didn't speak for a few seconds, but she didn't have to because Noelle spoke again.

"No, I don't think I'm in love. I know I'm in love with him."

The words had been spoken confidently, she had seen them with certainty and that made Lily smile lightly.

"How did that happen?"

Lily didn't sound incriminating, she was more curious and wanted to know how it came to be.

"After he kept insisting in us having sex I finally agreed on being sex buddies, you could say. But after some time we just... talked. I found myself just wanting to be near him, as if him being far away meant something bad would happen to him and I needed the reassurance of him being near to be okay. It sounds messed up, I know, but it made me happy to see him. And I could tell that he was changing. He is so caring and kind. He's made his mistakes and he's learning to own up to them." she smiled and looked at her hands "He makes me happy."

Lily smiles gently at her. She hasn't been a good friend as of lately, and she knows so, because all along all she's been doing is hoping for the right moment to corner Noelle so she could get all the answer she wanted. She hadn't realized that Noelle herself was going through a process of acceptance of her feelings for one black haired boy.

The red head is about to speak, feeling giddiness for her friend, but the smile that was on Noelle's face slowly turns into a frown.