11

It felt strange.

It really felt strange.

After that very eventful Halloween party something changed. James Potter was no longer an arrogant toerag to Lily Evans, in fact she smiled at him sometimes and he wasn't professing his undying love for her 24/7, even if he wanted to. Nicolas Selwyn and Maia Kingsley seemed to be on a roller coaster that only went up as they had finally made their relationship official. Everyone was dandy.

Except for Noelle and Sirius.

Oh no, they were more than dandy.

Only someone who paid close attention would notice the slight shift in their behavior. But no one did. When passing by each other they would give furtive glances at the other. Sometimes they stared a second longer than what was normal. They would seek the other to see if they were in the same room. When sitting close by they would give each other flirty glances and what had happened in the closet had repeated itself two times already.

They met at night when no one was around just so they could get a good song in a secluded area. They didn't do much talking, but that was okay.

The day was November 3.

Sirius Black had been woken up by his friends jumping on top of him and yelling happy birthday in what was an attempt at singing. At first he was startled, then he got confused until he could finally make the words to James Potter screeching like a banshee. A tired smile made way through his face and he could hear the angry yells from the other boys in their respective rooms as they tried to sleep.

"Happy birthday Pads!" the messy haired boy with the crooked glasses spoke happily as he clung to his brother like a baby would his mother.

"Thanks Prongs" he grinned and hugged his mate back. When he let go he expected James to do so as well, but he only held on tighter "James?"

"Hmm?" he nuzzled his save further into his chest.

"Can I hug Moony and Wormtail?"

"No! Because you're all grown up and you're gonna leave me, and get married, and have children, and forget about me!" he wailed. The four boys heard an angry Longbottom hit the wall with a loud shut up and resumed their conversation. Sirius would apologize later.

"You can slow your horses now Prongs. First off I'm not leaving you or forgetting about you for that matter, you're my brother, how could I? Second of all I'm not getting married or having children, they're annoying" he felt himself shiver at the thought of little kids running around and being told what to do by his wife.

"You're saying that now" he snorted "How about we make a bet" James rearranged the glasses at the bridge of his nose.

"No" he finally gave his other two brothers a hug and they began gift opening.

From James he got a few shirts from some muggle bands he liked, a new Quidditch cleaning set and a poster of a girl on a motorcycle. The last one was his favorite. Remus got him a muggle magazine about motorcycles and two muggle books, one on guess what? Motorcycles and the other on electric guitars. Lastly Peter got him some candy from Honeydukes and prank items from Zonkos.

When everything was said and done they got ready and left for breakfast. Along the way many students and ghosts wished Sirius a happy birthday. More than one girl said they wanted to give him his birthday present later but he refused with a polite smile. This didn't go on noticed by James or Remus, but they decided on asking later.

Finally they arrived at the Great Hall and he got even more birthday wishes from each house, except Slytherin.

"Happy Birthday Black" Lily Evans patted his back as she sat next to Remus, Mary McDonald sat next to her and wished him a happy birthday as well.