49

After that night Sirius had to tiptoe around the fact that he and James had come to the agreement that making Peter the secret keeper was the best option. Noelle still didn't trust the boy and she became incredibly angry whenever he was so much as hinted. But she would never do anything to go against James wishes, Sirius yes, she did that almost all the time whenever it wasn't something life dangling, but she could never go against James.

It took months for Sirius to even get Peter alone as he always seemed to shadow Remus and he disappeared quickly after Order meetings, and yet Sirius never saw anything wrong with that. He just thought he was on edge, he wouldn't blame him if he was, because everyone nowadays was. Specially after the Prewett twins were murdered and the Longbottom's were tortured to insanity by his lovely cousin. 

While Sirius saw nothing wrong with his incredibly suspicious behavior, Noelle saw everything wrong. 

But no matter how many times she attempted to make him see reason, Sirius Black would not budge. It was at times like this that she hated how incredibly stubborn he was. Since she hadn't been able to convince either Sirius or James to make literally anyone else the Potters secret keeper, she agreed. On one condition. That she be there the day that James changed the secret keeper from Sirius to Peter. She'd said it was to make sure nothing went wrong, and the two boys naively believed her.

Oh how stupid boys were.

Noelle Moon was a Slytherin through and through. The only reason she wanted to be there was to have evidence that the pitch actually happened, should something go wrong. She would be able to pull out the memory and experts would be able to see that the memory hadn't been tampered with. The other, more personal, reason was that she wanted to see Peter Pettigrew squirm underneath her glare. And Noelle Moons glare could mean only one thing. Step one foot out of line and you'll be meeting my wrath, you will not see the time of day after this.

And she was completely right. 

Sometime around October, the switch was made. She felt a growing unease on her belly but she showed none of it as she glared at Peter. The four had met in a secluded area, to not jeopardize their living spaces in case they were tortured or someone looked inside their minds. Noelle wanted to scoff, if someone even dared as step a feet inside their home she would curse them with every single hex imaginable. She was not having a repeat of when Avery was inside of their apartment, specially not now that it wasn't just her and Orion at home on most days. 

The switch was done and Noelle hugged James tightly, telling him to kiss Lily and little Harry for her. She waited for Sirius to do so as well, she heard him tell James that he would check up on on them next week to bring them groceries for the next few weeks and then again on October, not really mentioning the specific date. James nodded and he said his goodbyes to Peter before disapparating, next was Peter and then the two of them.

The only people Noelle had told about the horrible feeling in her stomach had been her grandmother, her uncle and aunts. In recent events she'd managed to get a hold of Regulus again and had managed to get him to come to her new home, when Sirius hadn't been around, so he could get familiar with the surroundings if he should ever need it. She'd also insisted so he could spend time with her growing family. Regulus had been incredibly happy and had appeared days later with new toys. Usually, she would've told him of that bad feeling she had, but he'd disappeared again and when she last saw him back in August, Regulus held her a little bit tighter and kissed her forehead. This goodbye seemed permanent and she couldn't explain to Sirius why she looked so crestfallen, so she excused herself saying that it was postpartum depression. 

That was the reason why she confided in her family back in France. Catherine had been the one to visit the most, staying for weeks to help her after the pregnancy. So it wasn't a surprise when Sirius came home that night and found the kids asleep in what once was Orion's playroom. Catherine had retired to bed already and only Noelle remained awake, waiting by the loveseat as she watched something on the telly.