Chapter 15

You were awake before the sun, excited to be able to see Hamilton after so long. Summer was weeks from being over, and Eliza would arrive home tomorrow. "I have to look absolutely perfect. There's a chance that Eliza and Philip might arrive early, so I have to look my absolute best for when they arrive," you explained to McNamara. "Don't worry. When we're done here your little boyfriend won't be able to keep his eyes off of you!" she cheered, tugging at your strands of hair.

You knocked on the door that you were sure you would never see again. Your eyes widened as a tired Alexander opened the door, his eyes blood-shot red. "(Y/n)?" he questioned, looking down at you with hopeful eyes. His gaze traveled behind you to meet the stare of Jefferson and his squad. "Come inside why don't you? I've missed having someone other than, her, around..." he mumbled, closing the door before your father attempted to enter. "He's going to be upset if we don't let him-" "that's a problem for later. Right now, I desperately need a companion." Alexander said, the both of you walking upstairs toward his office. On the way there you saw his bedroom which was dangerously messy. "I'm afraid I've done something horrible. I can't say what just yet, but I trust you won't tell anyone a single thing?" you nodded your head im reply. Alexander smiled, standing up from his chair. "I need your help making the house look decent before Eliza and Philip arrive. I won't possibly be able to clean it before they arrive." he said, picking up papers that were everywhere. You got to work immediately, anxious for them to arrive.

A knock on the door startled the two of you as you put your finishing touches. "Has she arrived home already?" Alex mumbled to himself, shifting his weight nervously. You took a deep breath and opened the door, Eliza and Philip stood on the other side, bright smiles on their faces. "(Y/n)!" Philip screamed, embracing you in a bone-crushing hug. Eliza joined the hug, and Alexander looked around the room nervously. "Darling, you look so tired," Eliza spoke, placing a hand on his shoulder, which caused him to quickly flinch. Eliza stared at him quizzically, confused by his sudden actions. "Daddy!" Philip screamed, engulfing him in a hug. Hamilton looked uncomfortable. Jefferson, Madison and Burr suddenly waltz in, their expressions angry. "How was your trip?" you asked Philip as the both of you made his way to his bedroom so that he could unpack. "It was so much fun! Oh, I brought you something!" Philip announced, digging into his disorganized suitcase. He pulled out a small box, placing it into your hands delicately. You opened the box, a shimmering golden necklace with charms inside of a pendent. "I had my grandpa customize it for you! Each charm is something that made me think of you!" Philip said, smiling a bright smile. You placed the necklace around your neck, examining it with wonder. "I love it!"