Chapter 37

Your days of being a part of the Heather's group were terrifying to say the least. People looked up to you, respected you, wanted to be like you.

All you wanted to do was survive.

The day had started out as a slow one, and you were growing more and more exhausted by the second.

"Ladies, shall we go to the cafe?" H. Chandler suggested, all of you nodding as to not disobey her. She smirked happily, seemingly floating over to your destination with grace and refinement.

[x]

Your quartet had ordered what they had desired, and now the four of you sat at a small booth near a window, talking about almost anything.

However, the jovial conversations had soon died down, and now you were onto deeper topics.

Uncomfortable with the situation, you excused yourself and quickly dashed towards the restroom. On your way you bumped into a young man wearing a maroon vest and blocky spectacles. Your bottom collided with the hard floor in an instant.

"Oops! I'm so sorry!" the boy exclaimed, pulling you up.

You quickly composed yourself, smoothing out your dress and hair. "It's no problem, I should've watched where I was going," you replied with a bright smile.

"I-I'm Michael, by the way" he introduced, holding out his hand for you to shake.

"I'm (Y/n), a pleasure to make your acquaintance," you replied, taking his hand with your own.

"(Y/n)? As in (Y/n) Jefferson?" Michael gawked, his glasses falling to the tip of his nose.

You shyly nodded, your face turning a bright red.

"I've heard so much about you! You're so, so... Wicked!" he exclaimed.

You cocked an eyebrow at his use of terminology, but smiled nonetheless. "You've heard of me?" you questioned in obvious confusion.

"Of course I have! You ran away from home and started a new life in the home of your father's archenemy! Not only that, the women aspire to be you, and the men wish to court you!" he ranted, your mind racing at a million miles per second.

"I-I don't understand, everyone seems to hate me," you almost mumbled.

"Oh, that's because-"

"(Y/n)! What's taking so long!" you could hear Heather scream at the top of her lungs. You jumped up, said a quick goodbye to your new acquaintance, and dashed to your group of friends.