THIRTEEN

"When you say you love meKnow I love you moreAnd when you say you need meKnow I need you moreBoy, I adore youI adore you"—Miley Cyrus

Know I love you more
And when you say you need me
Know I need you more
Boy, I adore you
I adore you"
—Miley Cyrus

"Hey guys."

A series of 'hey Mere' rings throughout the kitchen. All the members of the Philip family arrived home about an hour ago, and Reid hasn't left my side.

"There's something is like to discuss with y-you." They all finished conversation and gave me their full attention.

"I feel like something is eating at me. I've already talked to you guys . . . but I just don't feel any better!" I start shouting. "It's like e-every time I close my eyes . . . I-I can see him-feel him. I feel so dirty and violated and I just want it to stop!"

I run over to Lisa. She engulfs me into a hug so tight the air is crushed out of me. "W-what do I do?" I whisper loud enough that she can hear.

"I'm not sure, baby." She says as she strokes my hair. "But there is one thing . . ." I look up at her, waiting for her reply. "You could always try therapy."

Therapy. "I-I don't . . ."

"Just give it a try, Dr. Weston, my therapist after Jesus . . ." she took a deep breath. "She's helped me Mere, she's a wise woman. Please . . . just give it a try."

Jesus was Lisa's husband and father of Oliver and Holly. He was the wisest most caring man I've ever met, if anything, he was like my father figure. After he was called in for a business meeting out of town, he got behind the wheel and made his way to the destination.

Only he never showed up. He was found dead at the scene of the accident a drunk driver had caused. The Philips were mortified, I was as well. I believe that if Lisa could get through that, than I could get through this.

I contemplated. Despite how much I don't want to go, I feel my sanity slowly fading away. I want to get better. I want to live a happy life where I don't feel like I'm drowning.

"Okay."

Lisa smiled. "Great! I'll call in for a session ASAP!"

I sat in the waiting room, bouncing my leg nervously. It was only me. I had forced everyone to stay home. This is something I need to do by myself.

Of course, Reid put up a fight. I can tell how much he wants to protect me. And I love it. I love knowing that I have someone I can rely on. Reid dropped me off 10 minuets ago, telling me to text him before I exit the building.

So, here I wait.

My mind is running wild on what I should say and how to say it. I silently recite my words to myself in hopes that I don't make a fool out of myself.