THIRTY FIVE

"Dreams are like angelsThey keep bad at bayLove is the lightScaring darkness awayI'm so in love with you"—Gabrielle Aplin

They keep bad at bay
Love is the light
Scaring darkness away
I'm so in love with you"
—Gabrielle Aplin

Four Months Later...

I stir as I feel my consciousness slowly return to me. Sleeping on my side was never easy for me, but now that I'm pregnant with a significant bump, it's either that or on my back.

I'm a stomach sleeper.

"Mm, morning babygirl," Reid's voice murmurs in my neck, his left arm underneath my neck while his right arm is slung protectively over our child inside my womb.

"Morning," I try to pull away from him again, but he wouldn't budge.

"No! Please stay and cuddle," he pleads.

"Reid. I'll make you pancakes?"

"We have people for that."

"But they don't make them like I do!"

There's a long silence before Reid sighs in disappointment, then loosens his arms around me.

"But you better be back baby!" He yells as I waltz out of our bedroom.

I pass by maids and Mafia members as I stroll through the halls. I've met so many amazing people in this house, so many amazing stories. They all wave or send a kind smile my way, and I return them.

"Mariposa!" Luis slings his arm over my shoulder as we walk to the stairs.

"Luis! How are you?"

"I'm good. So, whatcha makin'?"

"Well," We enter the kitchen and I pull out the pancake mix. I show the mix to Luis and he has hearts in his eyes.

"Oh! Can I have some? Pretty please?" 

I giggle, "Yes, Luis."

I start making the pancakes, making sure to sprinkle just the right amount of chocolate chips in the batter. Luis and I make small talk in between our comfortable silence.

"Have you seen the Philips lately?"

"Uh, I saw them last week. Why? Is everything okay?" I put down the spatula and give all my attention to Luis.

"Oh Mariposa, you worry too much," He snickers, "I was asking because I guess Holly and Jake are a 'thing' now."

"They've always been a 'thing,' Luis."

"I know, but they made it official."

"Yay!" I clap my hands and put on the biggest smile. I'm so happy for Holly!